Autoscroll for Rank Order/ Pick, Group, and Rank Questions | XM Community
Solved

Autoscroll for Rank Order/ Pick, Group, and Rank Questions

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I've seen this question asked before, and any Javascript or CSS snippets I find that would seemingly solve the problem never work for me, unfortunately.

I have a Pick, Group, and Rank question with a bunch of items (about 20), and the same number of groups (we want respondents to drag each item into one box, with just one item per box). I've managed to make the Group box heights smaller, but unfortunately, the number of items and groups is still too large to view all in one screen, and the screen does not automatically scroll when a respondent picks an item and tries dragging it to a group box that's far below on a page. I would just love this to be a possibility, as it makes answering the question properly virtually impossible/ I imagine respondents would get tired of shifting items around in the groups if they even took the trouble to do so, to get around the lack of scrolling while having selected an item to drag and drop.

Any help in getting an autoscroll with drag and drop? I can't imagine it's more than a couple of lines of code, but it's been beyond me so far. Many thanks!
icon

Best answer by TomG 31 May 2018, 20:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
The quick and dirty answer is change the items to stacked and autoscroll will work.

There is a long and involved answer that doesn't require stacking. The the drag and drop uses the jquery ui sortable widget. To get the page to scroll you need to create (and style) a helper clone and append it to the document body.
Stacked items negate ability to rank so that does not work with multiple items. And there have been enough queries on this topic - QUaltrics please just fix this for us novice users.
Badge +4
Hey @lamason_ncsu19! It sounds like the feature you're talking about is not yet built into Qualtrics! If you haven't already, I’d recommend posting this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!

Leave a Reply