Is it possible to use the mean score from a matrix table as display logic? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to use the mean score from a matrix table as display logic?

• 31 May 2018
  • 1 reply

My study includes a personality test and I would like to be able to display subsequent blocks depending on a person's specific personality score. However, I am unsure as to how I would go about using the weighted mean score I calculate as the display logic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
icon

Best answer by Kate 31 May 2018, 21:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I wouldn't use display logic; rather try survey branches. It will take some work in embedded data to create the right logic... make sure you test it a lot.

First you need to assign specific questions numerical values. Branch _If q1= Answer 1_ then Set Embedded Data _Q1 =10_. Assign a branch and a value for all answer types. (NOTE: The "Score" function might help you do this a little faster).
!

Then, you need to use an equation add up all of your scores (or average them). Let that create embedded data category "PersonalityScore".

Finally, create branches that use the PersonalityScore Equation to show them the content you want. (E.G You're an extravert! or You're most like Harry Potter!)

!

Leave a Reply