linking Qualtrics Survey to SQL | XM Community
Solved

linking Qualtrics Survey to SQL

• 1 June 2018
  • 5 replies

I need to link Qualtrics to a SQL server database and have Qualtrics bring rows of information over for my respondents to review and make decisions based on. Is there a way to do this?
icon

Best answer by TomG 1 June 2018, 16:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Yes, add a web service call to your survey flow. The web service script will execute the SQL query and return output in json format that populates embedded data variables in Qualtrics.
Can I also set up a question option in Qualtrics where my respondent can search for a specific survey to review?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @Lorrie said:
> Can I also set up a question option in Qualtrics where my respondent can search for a specific survey to review?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Assuming it is related to your first question, you can pipe an answer to a question into an input parameter in your web service call. Then the web script could use it to build a WHERE clause in your SQL.
Hi Tom,

Do you have an example on how to add a webservice script that can execute a SQL query in the survey flow? And, is it possible to connect to SQL server from Vocalise module for Dashboards and Reporting? Or can it only be done through csv?

Kind Regards,
Iftakher
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Here are directions for calling a web service from the survey flow. The actual script code will depend on a bunch of factors: scripting language, SQL database type, web server set-up, etc.

I don't use Vocalize so I can't help there.

Leave a Reply