How do I update contact information in TA with responses from a survey? | XM Community
Solved

How do I update contact information in TA with responses from a survey?

• 4 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
I have a survey with question responses 'Yes/No'. Depending on the response, I want to update a field in my contact list with either 'Yes' or 'No'. How can I do this please?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 4 June 2018, 15:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @ArthurF
Depending on your setup and technical knowledge, you could do an API. If that is a bit advanced, then a contact list trigger should accomplish this. You would need to set up a contact list trigger that updated an unused contact list, call it "list for updating info".

You will need to join the response with whatever value you are using to de-duplicate responses (such as email, first name, last name, external data reference, or some combination of those).
This was when the person gets added to the new mailing list, their record be updated with the new information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
In the survey, utalize the Tools>Triggers>Contact List Triggers functionality.

I would create an embedded data filed for the answer you are asking. So if you are asking, "May we call you at work?" Yes/No, below the question set a branch, "If Q1="Yes" Then, "Embedded Data field "Work Calls" ="Yes".

In the Contact List triggers, the "Contact List" is simply your TA Mailing List. Select where the contacts belong, "Add Additional Fields", and have it send your new embedded data field.

!

This will "send" a contact to your contact list. If you have TAs "automatic deduplication" feature on, it will only "update" your contact. If you do not have auto de-dup on, it will create a new contact.
Badge +2
Thank you for your responses, especially the comment about automatic reduplication as I want to update an existing list and not add new contacts to a new list.
Badge

Hello, I found this thread and am hoping this might be an OK place to ask this: I used a similar but different method than this to update a contact based on survey responses, but my question is: Does an update of this sort only affect contacts in the list I'm using, or does it update it directory-wide?
Details: I have a list of people to send a survey to. One of the questions is, "Would you like to have a different person receive this?" with conditional logic for a "OK then who?" question. If that question is answered yes, the contact info is then replaced with the provided info. But I don't want the original person's info to be changed in other lists. I just want one person's info to be replaced by another's in my list.

Leave a Reply