Want to provide survey taker summary of their responses using piped text | XM Community
Solved

Want to provide survey taker summary of their responses using piped text

• 8 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi. We have a short questionnaire where we'd like to show text summary of their answers at the end of the survey. The summary would be a text list. If possible, we'd also like to have an easy way they could edit a response by re-showing the question right there w/o having to use back button to go to the question, then forward button to get back to the summary. Any inputs on best way to go about this would be greatly appreciated.
(not sure why the random bold / large font text shows below - removed it and it still displays)

Example
Here are the answers you provided:

of apples: 6

Number of apples: 6

Apple types you like (this would be a multiple choice, select all that apply question)
Etc.
icon

Best answer by bstrahin 11 June 2018, 14:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
You could pretty easily use piped text to display responses in a following block, but I think the respondent will still have to go to the previous block to make changes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
@Tom_R and @AndrewWKU I have done this before. My application was letting users edit their open-ends which the marketing team told them would be used in marketing materials. We wanted to give respondents a chance to edit their responses for grammar, etc. so they feel their voice is well represented publicly.

I ended up doing analysis on the second occurrence of the question only and leaving the first one out of the analysis.

You would repeat all of your questions you want to summarize/verify and set the default choice to equal what they said the first time around. These repeated fields are then editable but are storing what they already said. Qualtrics provides instructions on setting default choices - https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/question-options/add-default-choices/
Userlevel 2
Clever approach @bstrahin!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
In survey flow you can try showing the same block again and just add a text above as "Response Summary" so, even if the user changes the response it will get saved accordingly.

Leave a Reply