how to make authenticator only allow users to take a survey if they have taken a different survey? | XM Community
Solved

how to make authenticator only allow users to take a survey if they have taken a different survey?

Badge
Is there a way to pass info into a new survey that can check whether or not the user has completed a previous survey? I am building a set of educational materials and I only wanter users to be able to take a post-test if they have completed the surveys containing the educational materials.
icon

Best answer by Rich_Boits_Walker 10 June 2018, 05:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Hi @thefyuriy, I'm thinking you could pull this off using a Contact List Trigger. Here is the documentation on how to get it set up:

https://qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/contact-list-triggers/

Setup the trigger on your Educational Materials survey and have it set an embedded data field on the contact record. If the survey is already using a contact list you can just update it. If it is using an anonymous link you will need to ask additional info such as email address to your survey to create a list for your second survey.

Once you trigger is set up you can then go to your post-test survey and set up an embedded data field in the survey that matches the one you created in with the trigger on your contact list. Then you can set logic in your survey flow to look for the embedded data field value to let them continue on, or terminate them if they do not have a value for it set (End of Survey element on that branch with a custom end message to tell them what happened).
Badge
Thanks @Rich_Boits_Walker! I will give this a try.

Leave a Reply