Java script to place a countdown timer on the screen that stays fixed when participants scroll down | XM Community
Solved

Java script to place a countdown timer on the screen that stays fixed when participants scroll down

• 7 June 2018
  • 3 replies

I had some Java script that achieved this on an old survey that I cannot access anymore. By inspecting the element, I managed to find this code but it doesn't work in a new survey. I do not know Java script and do not know how to get it to work.

Anyone know what's wrong with this code?

“>.banner {\\nbackground-color: red;\\npadding: 3px;\\nborder: 5px black;\\nheight:20px;\\nwidth:80px;\\nmargin-left: 775px;\\nposition:fixed;\\ntext-align:center;\\n}\\n<style>\\n<div class=\\”banner\\”><strong>Tme: <span id=\\”time\\”>60</span> <script>\\n started = false;\\n function countdown ()\\n {\\n if (!started)\\n started = true;\\n else\\n {\\n var value = parseInt($(‘time’).
icon

Best answer by Matt_Christie_Walker 13 June 2018, 05:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
If you haven't done so already, take a few minutes to read up on the Timer Question. Specifically, there is an option to Show Timer. Depending on your reasons for needing a timer, this out of the box approach may simplify things.

By default the timer doesn't lock into place, but we could probably fix that with a bit of custom css.
Hi Matt, thanks for getting back to me. Yes the countdown timer is ideal, but it does not stay fixed on the page. Know of any code to enable this?
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
You could use something like this:

.FlipClock {
background-color: #333;
padding: 2px;
border-radius: 2px;
margin: 10px auto;
float: left;
box-shadow: 0 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,.5);
position: fixed;
top: 0;
left: 0;
}

Place this as custom CSS within the Survey's "Look and Feel" menu. Modify as desired. That should get you going at least.

Leave a Reply