Javascript for storing answer from inline email question | XM Community
Solved

Javascript for storing answer from inline email question

• 14 June 2018
  • 6 replies

The first question of my survey is an inline email question. I want to write a javascript that will store the response of user for this first email question and depending on response open the next appropriate question on browser. I am not familiar with Javascript, can anyone please help me.
icon

Best answer by LaurenK 10 July 2018, 20:20

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Why do you need JavaScript to store the value? It seems like you are just trying to use display logic to branch your survey out.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
You don't need javascript for this. This post probably has what you need:
https://qualtrics.com/community/discussion/300/inline-email-question
Actually what is happening right now, is that the response from the first question(inline email question) is probably not getting stored, and hence it is just skipping the second question and jumping to the third.
So the first question(nps) appears on the email and then directly third question opens up in the browser as the second question asked is dependent on the response of the first question.
I have already put the display logic for the second question, however i dont think the flow is reaching there. It just skips it over.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@JasonCorley - can you post a .qsf file and I will take a look at what is happening?
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi @JasonCorley! It looks like you reached out to our Support team regarding the functionality of an inline email question! One workaround I would recommend would be to add a timing question with auto advance set to 1.

Leave a Reply