Rank order (drag and drop); items displayed in the wrong order | XM Community
Solved

Rank order (drag and drop); items displayed in the wrong order

• 14 June 2018
  • 2 replies

Dear All,
I have created a survey using the Rank order type (drag and drop) for all my questions. My problem is that sometimes the order of presentation of the items changes apparently with no reason. Therefore, the items happen to be displayed in a different order.
For example, if my items for a question are set in this order:

finish,
food,
water,
bear,
other,
other,
other,
other,
other

sometimes these items could be displayed as follows:

food,
bear,
water,
finish,
other,
other,
other,
other,
other

At the same time, even if the order of presentation is changed, the items are still ranked in the correct way (see image below). Therefore in my output csv file I get the responses ranked in the correct way.

!

The only annoying problem is the order of presentation.
Could someone help me with this?

Thank you very much in advance,
Francesco
icon

Best answer by DRRTGCC 18 June 2018, 17:14

View original

2 replies

Badge
Randomization probably got inadvertently turned on. Click the gear next to the question, select "Randomization..." and then select "No Randomization".
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I had this exact same issue happen to me like a week ago (I would always get the correct ranking, but then the items were ordered 2, 9, 3, 4, 5, ..., 8, 1, 10, 11, ..., 16), without randomization of the answer choices.

I emailed Qualtrics Support, and their suggestion was that I move the Rank Order question with the issue to a new block, as the one that currently contained that Rank Order question had a bunch of earlier questions with a lot of Javascript and CSS on them (the CSS directly referred to the ranking displayed from some Pick, Group, and Rank questions). This solved the issue. Hope this helps! It's not a direct solve and it would seem like there's some issue with the Rank Order question being displayed, but moving the question to a new block solved the issue for me.

Leave a Reply