How to set 1000's of quotas in an easy manner | XM Community
Solved

How to set 1000's of quotas in an easy manner

• 21 June 2018
  • 8 replies

General explanation:

Hi guys, I'm faced with a tough challenge: a customer needs to set quotas for each and every one of its agents (of which they have thousands) and so far I haven't found a viable way to make this process anything different than a manual, 1-at-a-time nightmare.

Detailed explanation:

The quotas must be set so that each agent receives no more than a given amount of satisfaction surveys related to its assigned customers per week. Agent_Name is the embedded data field that we're using to regulate the quotas, it comes as a field column when we upload the contacts into the directory. Setting these quotas is perfectly possible, however I'm stuck doing it individually for each different agent name (e.g., Agent_Name = John Doe, Agent_Name = Jane Doe, etc.). Is there no way to do this in a massive way?

I requested the development of a feature that will allow to upload a .csv file detailing the field name, field value and quota value so that the quota definition can be done in a friendlier fashion, but that might take a while before it's taken into production.

Any ideas on how to address this issue at the moment? I really don't want to create these 1000's of quotas individually every time.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by TomG 21 June 2018, 23:37

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I guess given your situation nothing is ideal, but you could keep your own quotas in an external web database such as MySQL. You could create a couple of web service scripts to get the appropriate quota count at the beginning of the survey and another to update it at the end of the survey.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
You may want to check with your brand administrator to see if you have access to advanced quota features. I can sympathize with your pain as I didn't have access to that and had to create 1,050 quotas by hand. But there is a Create Multiple Quotas feature (https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/quotas/) available under advanced quotas. However, I don't know if that is only helpful for quotas based on questions like in the example or if it can handle making batches based on Embedded data.
@bstrahin Hi, I checked the multiple quotas, but sadly it only works for questions, not embedded data.

@TomG That sounds like a good idea, but I was hoping Qualtrics had a feature that would let me avoid having to work on the API. I'll see if I can find any assistance to pursue this path.

Thanks to both of you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
> @niklas_tomic_izo said:
> @TomG That sounds like a good idea, but I was hoping Qualtrics had a feature that would let me avoid having to work on the API. I'll see if I can find any assistance to pursue this path.
You wouldn't need to use the Qualtrics API. You just need a web database (e.g. MySQL) and a couple of web scripts (e.g. php).
@TomG That sounds even better, I'll see what help I can find to do what you recommend.
Badge +1

hi niklas_tomic_izo TomG bstrahin
i see that 3 years have passed since this question and i have excatly the same issue now :-)
did you find a solution?
can you share what you have done?
many thanks
Keren

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Keren Shaked - See my two posts (the accepted answer and my initial response just after it) at the top of this thread.

Badge +1

Thanks TomG !
can you share the web scripts or other part of the solution that worked for you?
also, how many hours do you estimate i will need to work on building and testing the solution?
keren

Leave a Reply