Team Survey - Display Team Members based on Team selected | XM Community
Solved

Team Survey - Display Team Members based on Team selected

I have a set of teams and the corresponding team members. In the survey, my first question is to select your team. Now in the consequent question (select your name), I need to display only the team members. Not all the members.
Can you please help me achieve it.

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Rich_Boits_Walker 4 July 2018, 04:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Hi @Madhukar
You can achieve this by using the Drill Down Question Type. The documentation with the details can be found here:
https://qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/question-types-guide/specialty-questions/drill-down/
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
in question "select your name" on each answe option apply masking based on selected team, This can be done by clicking on answer option and than adding display logic .
Thank you , I see drill down works great. In addition, I needed the unselected answers from the drill down to carry forward to another question, (A team rating other teams).
On using the carryforward, I see only the options "Select Team" and "Select Name" in the selected and unselected. (Questions are shown as answers in carryforward)
Is there a way to get all the unselected options from drill down anwers???
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
@Madhukar I'm glad the drill down worked for you.

As for your carry forward question, I believe you may have a setup issue. The documentation on available options in carry forward (here) shows that "Unselected Choices" is an available option in the setup.

An issue like this is hard to debug without seeing your setup. If you go through the carry forward docs (here) and are still stuck, feel free to post your .qsf file, or a mocked up version with dummy data to protect your work, and I will take a look.
@Rich_Boits_Walker , thanks for your reply. My previous comment was a bit confusing, even I couldn't recall the issue, after I read it later hahah.

I will try again -
So, I was building a team survey. Team1 (A + B ) , Team2 (C+D), Team3 (E+F)
So, to display only the names corresponding to the team, i.e selecting Team1 will display (A and B for selecting the name) is achieved by using drill down.

Now, suppose A is taking the survey, and needs to evaluate Team2 and Team3(not rating team members, but team as a whole).
In such a case I had to carry forward the unselected choices(of Your Team) from Question :
Q1 - Please select your team and your name from the dropdowns.
Your Team <options>
Your Name <options>

When student A selects his team(Team1) and his name, the next question is :
Please select the teams that you are going to rate today?
***** Here I had to show the teams that were not selected in the question Q1's (Your Team) options.

-- Qualtrics has an option for carryfoward -"Selected Answers for Choice: Your Team".
I would have been easy if I could find "Unselected Answers for Choice: Your Team".!
Note: When I select unselected choices - it gives all the combinations of the team and coressponding members. I just wanted to carry forward the unselected teams.
That will be a helpful add-on.

Thanks for your help.

Leave a Reply