Use the display logic with a side by side format | XM Community
Solved

Use the display logic with a side by side format

• 6 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I have two columns included in this side by side type of question. How to make the display logic work with this condition --> the answers of the second column (right) will only displayed only when one of the answers (answer 'never') from the first column (left) is selected? I tried to add a display logic on the right column according to this logic but it didn't work, even if I selected the answer 'never' from the first column.

!
icon

Best answer by TomG 6 July 2018, 16:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Display logic gets applied on the Qualtrics server before the page is sent to the browser. The only way to do it dynamically is with JavaScript.

Alternatively, you could make it two separate questions with in-page display logic on your follow-up text question.
Badge +1
Thanks a lot for your advice TomG! I am not familiar with the JavaScript, what the commands should be like if I am to add them to the Java editor?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Is there a specific reason to need the side-by-side question type? Outside of custom coding (JavaScript) like TomG suggested, the easiest option would be in-page display logic nested under the first question.

Leave a Reply