Incomplete response recorded | XM Community
Solved

Incomplete response recorded

• 13 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am new to Qualtrics and I am currently using it to complete my master's thesis. I only just released my survey, and I noticed that one of the responses are not completed at all (probably the idividual closed the survey straight after opening it, after the introduction page). The response break down shows that none of the questions have been displayed to the respondend, hence I believe they just quit the survey. However, the 'response' is now amongst my recorded responses, with no actual data available. Is there a reason for this? (maybe a wrong setting?)

Thank you,

Eszter
icon

Best answer by mattyb513 13 July 2018, 14:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
If this is the case, the "Finished" column should reveal a 0 instead of a 1. All responses will end up in your Recorded Responses, where you can then filter by Finished = 1 to know you are only seeing those who got to an End of Survey element or the actual End of Survey.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Eszter - Yes, the reason why it is part of your responses even though there is no data is because they would have initiated the survey (clicked the link) but then immediately closed it. You can easily delete this record if you'd like or resend a retake URL to that individual if you still want them to respond.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Eszter - By default partial responses get written to the response data after 1 week of inactivity. You can change this behavior by going to survey options and changing it at the bottom of the screen:
!

Leave a Reply