Pick, Group and Rank Vars | XM Community

Pick, Group and Rank Vars

• 21 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
What is the significance of the _group and _rank vars for Pick, Group and Rank questions?

Is the _group the bucket you place the row items into and the _rank where they fall within that bucket?

How do you all interpret these vars when reporting?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The group is the bucket you place them in, and the rank is their place within that bucket. We don't use these often, but I find that the combined set can be a bit daunting to look at a report for. Personally, I prefer breaking this in to multiple questions.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> @AnthonyR said:
> The group is the bucket you place them in, and the rank is their place within that bucket. We don't use these often, but I find that the combined set can be a bit daunting to look at a report for. Personally, I prefer breaking this in to multiple questions.

I agree with Anthony regarding the complexity of analyzing the both the Grouping and the Ranking from one question. I prefer to use the Matrix question type and then choose the drag and drop. This does not require the ranking.
!

Often one of my boxes is something like "critical". If I want to know how they rank within the critical box only, then I create a ranking question that uses the Carry Forward of those which had been placed in the critical box.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@JenF this is awesome - thank you so much! I didn't realize this functionality existed and is a great solution for what we need!
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Glad to hear that. I was also glad when they came out with this.

Leave a Reply