Solved

Combining scale points on dashboard

• 11 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 23 replies
My CX survey has a matrix table question that asks clients to rate a couple of different factors on a 5-point Likert scale. I'd like to have the top/bottom box values for each of these statements displayed together in one widget on my dashboard. What's the best way to do this?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 12 December 2017, 22:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I would consider setting this up using either a breakdown bar widget, or a multiple source table widget.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
> @AnthonyR said:
> I would consider setting this up using either a breakdown bar widget, or a multiple source table widget.

I'm planning on using these widgets and others but was wondering if there was a way in Vocalize to combine these scale points for any widget I use it in.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
You want to create a Top / Bottom box widget... In Vocalize, add a new chart widget, add two metrics that begin as a 'count'. Click on the first and you'll get a menu that allows you to select a question. Select a question/Field with some sort of scale that makes sense to combine the top 2 and bottom 2 (or whatever number of responses that makes sense). In the same menu, change the Metric type to Top Box/Bottom Box and then adjust the slider for 'Box Range' to '1 to 2'. Then on your second metric, select the same question/Field, and again change the metric type to Top Box/Bottom Box, but adjust the slider to '4 to 5' (in my example with a 5pt likert scale). You'll also want to make sure your Labels are descriptive, so change the text here as well. See attached.!
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Thanks @JakeW - that is a useful widget to know how to use but still not exactly what I'm looking for.

I want these top box / bottom box categorizations to be available across all widgets (specifically a pie chart & a breakdown bar). Is there a way for me to group the data before selecting a widget?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Dax
In your data settings you can create a new field that is the exact same source (say Q2) but choose a "set" option (either Text Set or Number Set) then you can recode the values to aggregate the data.

You will want to chose the field type based on the data output, not input.

!

Once you have done that, you can apply the new data field to whatever widget is appropriate.

Leave a Reply