Contact List Files Corrupting | XM Community

Contact List Files Corrupting

• 27 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Has anyone experienced their contact list files corrupting upon/during upload? Thoughts as to why it may have happened?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@RachelTHREE When you update are you updating in Excel? If so, make sure you saveAs a csv, for some reason it defaults to saving as unicode text, and that wont work properly.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@AnthonyR That's the bizarre thing... I saved it as a csv. It uploaded into the system, but for some reason ~ 1/3 of my rows corrupted into gibberish.

Thankfully, my original file isn't corrupted and I can just re-save, but I hadn't come across it in the past — if anything, I sometimes initially forget to convert to csv, but in that case Qualtrics just doesn't let me upload... I've never had the file upload successfully, but with some gibberish replacing data in my cells.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@RachelTHREE Very strange, are you using any non-standard characters in those rows?

If not, I'd recommend sending an email to support so that they can look in to what happened. If you can reproduce it in a copy, that would be even better to help them look in to it.

Leave a Reply