How to make a video automatically start playing? | XM Community
Solved

How to make a video automatically start playing?

• 11 November 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
How can I make a YouTube video automatically start playing in my survey when someone gets to the page it is on?
icon

Best answer by Clint 14 November 2017, 00:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
* Rich text editor > click on the video icon to insert media > paste youtube link in the url field and add ?autoplay=1 at the end of the youtube link.
* Maybe think about NOT adding it because autoplay videos are annoying.
* Consider adding "rel=0" or "showinfo=0" instead. rel=0 will prevent showing related videos at the end of the video. showinfo=0 will take off the video title if so desired.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
If you are planning to autoplay videos, I HIGHLY recommend priming people for this ahead of time. We have to do this often for a number of reasons, but have found respondents are happiest when we tell them on the page before we start one. This has an added bonus of having respondents attentive to what they are watching from the very start.
> @Clint said:
> * Rich text editor > click on the video icon to insert media > paste youtube link in the url field and add ?autoplay=1 at the end of the youtube link.
> * Maybe think about NOT adding it because autoplay videos are annoying.
> * Consider adding "rel=0" or "showinfo=0" instead. rel=0 will prevent showing related videos at the end of the video. showinfo=0 will take off the video title if so desired.

Is it possible this doesn't work anymore? When I insert these codes after a URL it says the URL is not recognised...
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@RonavdDussen It is possible your link already had a '?' indicating the start of variables, try adjusting the '?' for a '&'
When I add, "?autoplay=1" to the URL link it only auto plays while editing the slide. Not in preview or when published. What is going wrong?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi @AOG,

Just add "?&autoplay=1" at the end of the URL.
?&autoplay=1 works for me. Put only auto plays on the desktop survey not the mobile survey. Anyway to force on mobile?

Leave a Reply