How can I opt out of multiple TA mailing lists at once? | XM Community
Solved

How can I opt out of multiple TA mailing lists at once?

• 11 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
I'm using Target Audience and I am going to have a few different surveys being distributed at any given time. I don't want to let my clients opt out of my entire directory, but I'd like them to be able to opt out of more than one list at once. Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by AnthonyR 29 November 2017, 22:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
You'll want to create a page that lists all the contact's Mailing List Memberships. You'll need to use the malingListMembership object to get all the mailing lists to which your client belongs. You could then display each list to the user with an 'Unsubscribe' button next to each list. Then you would use the Update Contact API to update the client's preference. If properly configured, the client would click the Unsubscribe button for one list at a time and be unsubscribed from only the list for which the button was clicked.

Visit https://api.qualtrics.com/docs/managing-directory-contacts-for-target-audience for more info.
Userlevel 4
Badge
@JasonHill That sounds like it would definitely work, but they would still have to click an "Unsubscribe" button for each mailing list, correct? Is there a way to get only one button they have to click to unsubscribe from all the lists?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@Goldie You could use the api in the same way to just have a button that triggers multiple unsubscribes at once assuming that you know which lists you want to let them opt out of with one click.

Leave a Reply