Solved

Unzipping a file from GET Response Export

• 11 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 23 replies
When I run the Get Response Export file call and choose "Send and Download," I am able to create a .zip file, but when I try to unzip the file it archives the file instead of opening and unzipping it. How can I get the file to open?
icon

Best answer by AnthonyR 29 November 2017, 19:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
What are you using to do these calls? More information is needed here to effectively help with your problem.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@AnthonyR - sorry about that! I am using Postman to test these calls...I've been running the call and then using the "Send & Download" button to save my file.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@Dax When you have downloaded the zip file, what process are you using to unzip it?

Also, are you using the get-response-export-progress call to ensure that the file is ready for download? It it isn't 100% then downloading the file won't work properly.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@AnthonyR - Here is a quick video of my whole process. I can get to the point where I save the doc on my desktop but have not ever been able to access it. Probably something easy that I'm missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZwNNi2ao40
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@Dax This may seem like a strange solution, but it doesn't appear to be saving as a zip when you are saving the file. Can you try appending .zip to the end of your filename when saving? Everything else seems about right to me, assuming you are including your X-API-TOKEN in the header of that final call. If not, it's possible it is trying to save the returned json error text as a zip file and making a corrupt file.

Leave a Reply