👋 Community Introductions | XM Community

👋 Community Introductions

👋 Community Introductions
Badge +48

Welcome to the XM Community!

If you've just joined the community, be sure to stop by and 👋 introduce 👋 yourself here! Share as much as you'd like, so we can all get to know you better! Tell us a little bit about yourself and your career, what industry you work in, where you're located, what you use Qualtrics for, and if you have earned any Qualtrics certifications!

510 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@Ben I've got a discussion going under Research Core Using Research Core for Course Evaluation
@RondaD and others hopefully will jump in and give us some advice. We're in the infancy stage of setting up and hope to implement summer 2018.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Hi all! I'm Michelle from Michigan State University (go green!). I'm the assistant to the director of Academic Information Technology within IT Services and also one of the primary brand administrators and front-line support for our users here on campus. I'm somewhere between Silver and Gold certified (LOL) since I started by Gold right around the time they transitioned to the current certification system.
I love working in Qualtrics and am hoping to be able to work more in the javascript and API parts of Qualtrics as things progress. I'll have to talk my boss into it. ;)

I'm also the administrator for our student course evaluation platform and we're starting a couple pilot programs with Qualtrics for these. Our current system is homegrown and OLD.

I'm crying big salty tears cause I can't go to X4 this year! 😢 I've been the last two and it's such an amazing experience. I come back so motivated!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Welcome, @Clint! We'll be sure to let our X4 team know you'd like karaoke for the following year's Summit.... 😉

Welcome, @MichelleC! No hard feelings from me! Both of my siblings went to Michigan State even though I went to Michigan, and I still get along with them, so we're still thrilled to have you. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@Clint Love the Karaoke idea!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi All. I'm Mark from Las Vegas. After 24 years creating and managing corporate market research functions (and using Qualtrics in my last two roles), I made the leap to step out on my own. My consulting company utilizes a huge network of highly experienced market research colleagues and we have been very busy providing market research services for a number of different industries. We use Qualtrics for all of our studies and I'm our primary programmer along with managing all of our data work. I'm hoping to attend the Summit for the first time in March so can hopefully meet many of you then in person.
Excited to have you @MarkD, welcome!

It sounds like you have a ton of Qualtrics experience & expertise that we all can learn from. And glad to hear you're planning on attending Summit already. This year is going to be our biggest event yet - keep an eye on the Summit page for announcements of some of our keynote speakers over the next few weeks (there are some great ones coming)!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi, I'm Sara. I work for a leadership development firm called The Leaders Lyceum. We use Qualtrics for their 360 platform since we created our own questions and competencies. I didn't realize it, but we were a part of the beta group when the 360 platform launched, and in a way I feel like I worked for Qualtrics for that first year as I was always on the phone with them reporting bugs and requesting changes. Love the friendliness of your staff and the fact that you never blacklisted my phone number!
Welcome to the community @SaraC!

Sounds like being a part of pilot groups is kind of your thing 😉. It is customers like you that help us build our products & resources (like this community) into really powerful tools for all of our users - I can promise we won't be blacklisting your # anytime soon!

Glad to have some more 360 representation in the group! I know we've got a few questions in the Employee Experience > 360 section still looking for some answers & since you've been using it since the early days, I'm sure you've run into a lot of them before.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Yo! Late to the party here, just like I am to all my meetings. I work at Utah Valley University, just down the word for the glorious Qualtrics HQ. I manage UVU's instance of Canvas, Qualtrics, Kaltura, and a few other programs. I freaking love thinking of different ways to use Qualtrics throughout our institution.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Welcome, @JasonHill! Hey, it's always better late than never.... glad to have you here!
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> Hey there, Julie here in Oshkosh, WI. I had the pleasure of meeting @Tyler at last year's certification! I'm the University Qualtrics promoter. We're finally exploring using Qualtrics for Student Opinion Surveys and market research. Looking forward to bouncing ideas and solutions with everyone.

Hey @JulieT - I'm just up the road in Appleton, WI - small world!

I'm a little late to this introduction. 😶 I've been working at Miller for 25+ years where I've done research for 18+ of those years. We are a manufacturer of welding and cutting equipment. Customers range from home owners to shipyards with thousands of welders.

I have enjoyed working with Qualtrics since 2011. LOVE the summit! Have gone every year! I am gold certified and working on my CX certification. I have a very small team of two who run surveys everyday. From running customer experience, new product research, usability, website, overall market segmentation to employee surveys - I am in Qualtrics all day long.

Glad to meet you all!
Jen
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@JenF so cool! I live in Appleton and know Rich. Would love to meet up at X4,
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
@JulieT we can definitely meet up at X4! Rich is planning on going as well. We usually bring a group with us to the Summit. Can't wait!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Welcome, @JenF! We're so glad to have you and love the range of experience that you bring to the table!
Hello!

My name is Rochelle Fisher and I am the Workforce Development Assessment Coordinator at the Virginia Community College System. I use Qualtrics regularly to garner insights from students, college staff, and faculty. I completed Qualtrics training at James Madison University in 2012 and used it internally there in the Orientation office. I have used Qualtrics regularly since that training and am excited to learn more about Qualtrics through this community. In addition, I hope to work on the Qualtrics certifications as a professional development opportunity through my current employer.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Welcome, @rochellefisher! We have lots of individual here that use Qualtrics in the Academic industry. Check out the Networking category to see some of the conversations that have been taking place!
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi Community!

I guess I am one of the few non-US member 🙂

I live in Denmark, where I drive Customer Experience Management within a global industry-leading water technology company, Grundfos.

We use Qualtrics to run a global CX Program initiated earlier this year, which we call "Customer Pulse" to optimize our customer journey and connect our organisation closer to our customers. Also lately been using Qualtrics to get feedback on and optimize meetings and conferences internally.

We use Site Interceps heavily to measure CX on digital touchpoints and recently started to integrate Qualtrics with our ERP to automate survey to customers after transactions like service, visits etc.

I'm a learn by doing type and I honestly enjoy learning more and more about Qualtrics! So I am here to contribute as much as I can and to learn from the best !
Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Hi Everyone:

My name is Paul and I work at Michigan State University as the Divisional Assessment Officer for the division of Residential and Hospitality Services (RHS), which include housing, dining, and a number of other auxiliaries. I've been using Qualtrics for about 5 years now and have silver certification. I do a ton of surveys on Qualtrics, but I also use it for diverse items such as focus group recruiting and registration for events.

I am looking forward to attending my 2nd Summit.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Welcome, @AbdulDezkam! We are happy to have you as our first community member from across the pond!!

Welcome, @Guide! Love the different use cases you bring to the table!
Good morning all,

My name is Claire Lockett and I am an Educational Technologist at the University of Melbourne (Australia). I am a newly minted Brand Admin, trying to wrap my head around the many functions of Qualtrics. I am quite excited to delve into this world. I am particularly interested in how Qualtrics works with, and other Institutions have implemented, Student Experience Surveys.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Finally, another Wolverine gets an invite!

I'm Britain (spelled like brain, rhymes with "mitten") and I have been a brand admin since 2009 when U-M's Qualtrics environment first expanded outside the Business School (hi @lillianc).

I work for our central IT group handling account administration issues and consulting with faculty and staff on how to develop questions, organize their projects, and other practices. (I serve a similar role for Canvas -- any other pandas here?)

I visited Salt Lake City for the Summit in 2016 and am reserving a hotel room to return in March pending funding. Hope to see the friends I made last time, again1
Userlevel 1
Hi all! John here from the Department of Transport and Main Roads in Queensland, Australia. Greetings from sunny Brisbane. We're a government department that deals with traffic and transport issues for the state of Queensland - everything from issuing licences to building major new highways. We have been using Qualtrics for about 6 months, and are in the process of setting up an online customer research panel using the Qualtrics tools. Keen to help out and get help on the Qualtrics community and learn from other users.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Welcome, @clockett! We have a few spaces you might find useful - in the Research Core category, there is a sub-category called "Brand Administrators" where you can ask all of your administration questions. And within the Networking category, you'll find a sub-category for Academics. Happy to have you here!!

Welcome, @britain! Happy to have you here! The categories I mentioned above may also be useful for you. And as a fellow Wolverine, Go Blue! :)

Welcome, @john_shearer! Within the Networking category we also have sections for Customer Experience and Market Research. Those may prove useful places for you to connect with others!
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
@britain I'm a fellow 🐼. I'm the Canvas Admin and Qualtrics Brand Admin for Utah Valley University. My colleagues and have started integrating the two technologies for course enrollments, exams, and other items. It's pretty awesome to have some more pandas in the community.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hey there, I'm Liberty. I live and work in Tucson, AZ. I work for Communicus as a Field/Programming Associate. Communicus focuses on consumer surveys in Market Research. I have a degree in Economics from the U of A (Go Cats!). I'm excited to be attending summit and getting certified! With limited prior experience, Qualtrics was a perfect step into the field. Looking forward to learning so much more!

Leave a Reply