Opt Out of Salesforce AND Qualtrics | XM Community
Solved

Opt Out of Salesforce AND Qualtrics

• 11 November 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
I would like to allow users to opt-out of both Qualtrics and Salesforce when they take my survey. How can I make sure that they are opted out of both and don't receive future surveys?
icon

Best answer by JulieT 1 December 2017, 14:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
My understanding is you can currently only opt someone out of a specific distribution. (If you send them an NPS survey and they opt out, they will stop getting reminder emails for that distribution. But if you send them another survey type or another NPS survey in several months they will have to opt out again.) I hope this gets adjusted at some point, or that I've misunderstood.
Userlevel 4
Badge
I'm pretty sure I've seen this set up for other users, but I'm not sure how to do it myself.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Your Salesforce admin can manage which checkbox fields on your Salesforce objects are used to opt records out of receiving surveys. If a survey record has any of these checked fields, that record will be skipped when an email distribution is created. The user sending the survey doesn't need to see or edit the opt-fields that your Salesforce admin has checked.

View more info at https://www.qualtrics.com/support/integrations/salesforce-integration/salesforce-app/salesforce-app-administration/
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
> @JasonHill said:
> Your Salesforce admin can manage which checkbox fields on your Salesforce objects are used to opt records out of receiving surveys. If a survey record has any of these checked fields, that record will be skipped when an email distribution is created. The user sending the survey doesn't need to see or edit the opt-fields that your Salesforce admin has checked.
>
> View more info at https://www.qualtrics.com/support/integrations/salesforce-integration/salesforce-app/salesforce-app-administration/

Thanks @JasonHill - I will be passing on this information to my CRM manager!
Userlevel 4
Badge
> @JasonHill said:
> Your Salesforce admin can manage which checkbox fields on your Salesforce objects are used to opt records out of receiving surveys. If a survey record has any of these checked fields, that record will be skipped when an email distribution is created. The user sending the survey doesn't need to see or edit the opt-fields that your Salesforce admin has checked.
>
> View more info at https://www.qualtrics.com/support/integrations/salesforce-integration/salesforce-app/salesforce-app-administration/

Thanks, Jason. That is super helpful to know but not exactly what I was looking for. That response explains how a Salesforce admin can determine what fields are used to ensure people don't receive emails when other users are sending via the Salesforce app.

I'm actually looking for a way to include a link for users to opt out of future distributions that will be triggered from Salesforce (i.e. allowing them to change the value of one of those fields mentioned).
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Use a separate opt out survey and do the following to set up:

1. Create a contact list trigger, unsubscribing the contact from your Qualtrics list.
2. Create Response Mapping to send over opt out information to Salesforce (a checkbox, field, etc in Salesforce).
3. Use the Anonymous link of this opt out survey as the Unsubscribe option in your mailing.

Leave a Reply