Programming/Fielding Multi-language/market surveys | XM Community
Solved

Programming/Fielding Multi-language/market surveys

• 3 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
What are your best practices for fielding multi-market/multi-language surveys in Qualtrics? When you have different quota limits and localization of some questions for each country, do you find it easier to program the countries as separate links? Or keep them all in the same link and make adjustments there?
icon

Best answer by MarkD 4 December 2017, 18:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I do quite a few of these. If the data for all of the markets needs to be combined after fieldwork, I normally create one survey with ALL questions, setting up display logic for market-specific questions. Then once the client gives final approval to the final programmed survey, I make copies of the survey for each market, creating quotas specific to each market. Then when fieldwork is complete, combining the data files prior to analysis is simple because they all contain the same variables (some variables will be blank for questions not used in some markets). One note, I do all of my analysis using SPSS...so this may not apply if you do your analysis via the Qualtrics reporting tool. Hope this helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@RachelTHREE @MarkD Interestingly, Iwe do the same, and though we do a lot of our work in SPSS too, uploading the data all to one combined job in Qualtrics should be a viable option to report in platform.

Just make sure all your variable exist in all studies, and be sure you have a field to denote the different markets somewhere!
Userlevel 2
Badge
@AnthonyR I forgot to include the step of creating a field to denote the market...an important part of being able to merge the final data files. Thanks for adding.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@MarkD @AnthonyR — Wonderful, thanks so much!

This is actually what we do in our old tool too! I'll be working on migrating our trackers over during the next two months, so I'm glad to see that that process works well for both of you.

We also do our analayses for these projects externally, but its great to know that there's an option available should we need to pull it back into Qualtrics!

Leave a Reply