How do you share a contact list? | XM Community
Solved

How do you share a contact list?

• 20 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I would like to share a contact list that I have with another user at my company - is this possible? If so, what is the easiest way to do it?
icon

Best answer by KatC 20 November 2017, 21:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
There are a couple of ways -

1) If you want to share a contact list that is static and isn't going to change at all. Then you could export the list and then share it with the other user. They could then upload that list to their own mailing list. This however, may not work if the list is dynamic/will change over time

2) You could (assuming you're an admin) go into the Administration tab of Contact, and then add that user to the same "group" as you and once you have that group, you can fiddle with the permissions that person could have.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
@Barnaby @KatC The Group Contact List feature is really useful because it's the only way I know that multiple people can see, share, and update/edit contact lists and messages. Too bad there's no easier way for people to share a live contact list without an admin getting involved.
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
@lillianc I agree wholeheartedly. I am the first user added to my company and any time I want to access something or share something I have to get my supervisor involved.

Leave a Reply