How do I remove space between a question and answer choices? | XM Community
Solved

How do I remove space between a question and answer choices?

• 8 December 2017
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
How do I remove space between a question and answer choices?
icon

Best answer by AlexB 12 December 2017, 17:56

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@Barnaby are extraneous spaces showing up between them? Like, does it appear that there is a double-space between the question and the answers? If that is the case, I click on your question text and choose the Rich Text editor function and see if your cursor shows an extra space.

I wouldn't recommend removing the single space that sits between the question and answers. You'll want it for question legibility/readability for your users.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
This is actually more of a theming question - I was hoping there was a way (perhaps with CSS or other custom code) to decrease the amount of space between where my question ends and the answers start to fit a little closer to some of the theming our company uses in other places.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
You can add this CSS into the Look & Feel (adjusting the last number in padding for the amount of space you want):

.Skin .QuestionText {
padding: 0 0 0px;
}
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@Barnaby Did you ever figure this out for specific questions and not just the whole theme? I have the same issue. I know it requires identifying the specific QID, and I believe it is applied at the question level and not the theme level.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
You can remove the space between the bottom of the Question Text and the first choice like this:
`jQuery("#"+this.questionId).find('.QuestionText:first').css("padding-bottom", "0px");`
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
@Akdashboard - @TomG's solution above works to remove this space at the question level.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
> @TomG said:
> You can remove the space between the bottom of the Question Text and the first choice like this:
> `jQuery("#"+this.questionId).find('.QuestionText:first').css("padding-bottom", "0px");`

@TomG - would you be able to provide an image example?
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@Akdashboard,

Here is an image:
!

And the entire JavaScript where this.questionId is the ID of the current question:
!

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/1117#Comment_1117Thanks!

How do I get this to work with the other script for removing the space between slider and choice options?

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function()
{
   jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" ul.labels").insertAfter("#"+this.questionId+" div.slider-container");
  jQuery("ul.labels").css('font-weight', '700');
});

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/30596#Comment_30596You can combine them in the same function:
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function()
{
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .QuestionText").css("padding-bottom", "0px");
  jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" ul.labels").insertAfter("#"+this.questionId+" div.slider-container");
  jQuery("ul.labels").css('font-weight', '700');
});

Please how can increase the space between questions in Qualtrics. Thank you

Leave a Reply