Solved

Restrict metadata for EE import

• 11 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
  • Qualtrics Employee
  • 23 replies
When I upload my participant list, it is pulling in metadata fields that aren't in my import file. How do I get it to only have the fields that are in my file?
icon

Best answer by Dax 13 December 2017, 21:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Are these extra fields mapped in your survey flow? if they are, and you don't want them, then take them out. If you use Target Audience and the participant exists in TA then it will pull data mapped in the Survey Flow from TA, if it doesn't exists.
@Dax, I've had similar experiences and this was due to copying a survey that had a survey flow as suggested by Akdashboard. If it is caused by something else, to clean this up, you can manage metadata in the participants tab and delete those fields. Might be useful in your case by the sounds. I don't see any harm in holding additional fields even if they won't be used for dashboards - they won't show in dashboards if they simply aren't mapped.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
> @Adrian_Casey said:
> @Dax, I've had similar experiences and this was due to copying a survey that had a survey flow as suggested by Akdashboard. If it is caused by something else, to clean this up, you can manage metadata in the participants tab and delete those fields. Might be useful in your case by the sounds. I don't see any harm in holding additional fields even if they won't be used for dashboards - they won't show in dashboards if they simply aren't mapped.

@Adrian_Casey These metadata fields weren't added in my survey flow - I checked. But it looks like these may be values that are pulling in from my directory, now that I think about it. I think the best solution is what you mentioned - just not to map them in my dashboard. That makes the most sense. Thank you!

Leave a Reply