Has anyone taken the time to make a survey fully WCAG 2.0 AA compliant? | XM Community
Solved

Has anyone taken the time to make a survey fully WCAG 2.0 AA compliant?

• 1 December 2017
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
So, I created a web accessibility survey where individuals could watch videos to learn key concepts and then answer questions on those topics (quiz). I have learned through this experience that the "Check Survey Accessibility" does not check against WCAG 2.0 AA. I sent this survey out to our Web Accessibility Committee, and the first thing that was brought up is how it fails meeting the standard.

"Powered by Qualtrics" in the lower right doesn't meet contrast ratio requirements, progress bar issues, and missing form element labels just to name a few. Does any one have examples of creating a survey that meets WCAG 2.0 AA 100%? Any tricks besides doing a lot of display:none for trouble elements in CSS?
icon

Best answer by AmaraW 10 September 2021, 22:29

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I have explored options for this before, but never got around to full implementation. I would love to see a default "compliant" theme available.
I'd also be very interested in learning more about such an effort.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
I'd also be very interested in learning more... since we are pushing all compliant for dis
aiblities
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
@Emily & @Tyler - Is there any way that one of the "50 hands-on training workshops" at this year's summit could address this web accessibility issue? Or could I work with a Qualtrics expert at summit until we absolutely have a theme and a strategy that nails WCAG 2.0 AA for the time being?

I'll be bringing this up with our rep as well as all of our web assets must meet this standard moving forward which includes 3rd party applications/SAAS like Qualtrics.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
> @Clint said:
> Is there any way that one of the "50 hands-on training workshops" at this year's summit could address this web accessibility issue? Or could I work with a Qualtrics expert at summit until we absolutely have a theme and a strategy that nails WCAG 2.0 AA for the time being?
>
> I'll be bringing this up with our rep as well as all of our web assets must meet this standard moving forward which includes 3rd party applications/SAAS like Qualtrics.

Great question! While we will not have a workshop on this topic and don't guarantee that you would be able to have access to an expert for enough time to make a complete WCAG 2.0 AA compliant survey, I highly recommend working with your Client Success Representative or Account Executive to do this. Both of them should be able to help you fully resolve this issue!
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Just saw a WCAG 2.0 compliant default template added to a competitors product. Is this feature now standard on Qualtrics as well?
Userlevel 3
Badge
We have done a lot of work trying to get there and have asked Quatlrics to make changes. We are still waiting on changes. In the meantime we created this page to help educate users.

https://oit.colorado.edu/services/business-services/qualtrics/accessibility

We have blocked the user of inaccessible question types and have an exception process in place. We are not able to block Likert Matrix questions and wish they would make them accessible. Our researchers rely heavily on this question type.

I hope this website is helpful.

Thanks for an excellent resource deutchma.
We're trying to customize a survey to improve accessibility but are unable to address some errors. In particular duplicated empty label tags and the use of multiple aria-described by id's without a target value.
These look like easy fixes. I believe we need Qualtrics to address these though?
Example duplicated empty label:

Label text

Example missing target for aria-describedby:
'aria-describedby="QID42-RemainingChars QR~QID42~VALIDATION"'

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

deutchma
My work around for matrix is to use side by side question using only one column.
Also, I just found if you click the check box to make the questions mobile friendly it makes is questions not accessible. It is in their support page.

Badge +48

Hi everyone! I just wanted to update you on Qualtrics' accessibility progress. Qualtrics is committed to accessibility and is WCAG 2.0AA compliant, as explained on this resource! Check out this support page for information on the WCAG 2.0AA compliant questions that Qualtrics offers. If you still have questions after reviewing the linked resources, you’ll want to reach out to the Support team, as they are best equipped to help answer questions about making your survey accessible and provide support! 😀

Leave a Reply