How have you visually displayed the Hot Spot question type in your reports? | XM Community
Solved

How have you visually displayed the Hot Spot question type in your reports?

• 12 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I am working on a report now which includes questions employing the Hot Spot question type and am stymied on the best way to visually and intuitively display the data in the report. Unlike the Heat Map question, there is no integration of the graphic image into the output, and I am not sure what the best practices are for this question type reporting. What have you all done with the data generated from this question type to show the results in a report? Can someone please share an example of how they have presented this?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 12 December 2017, 21:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Are you using the Report function on the Insight Platform? When I've done this before, I've included a visual key I've made that outlined what each region was on the Hot Spot. I then provide that key when I package the report. This was done a supplement to the Qualtrics Report though, and not a function of the reporting tool
When you say that you package the key with your report (outside of Qualtrics) what exactly do you mean? I have copied the actual graphic with the regions labeled and then inserted bar graphs with the responses on the same pages (with the regions labeled in the bars) but it is not as illustrative as a Heat Map.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
> @sbtopel said:
> When you say that you package the key with your report (outside of Qualtrics) what exactly do you mean? I have copied the actual graphic with the regions labeled and then inserted bar graphs with the responses on the same pages (with the regions labeled in the bars) but it is not as illustrative as a Heat Map.

That is exactly what I have done because the HotSpot function was used to pick the option they most preferred - it was a mobile app testing survey, so I used question types (HotSpot, Heat Map) that felt like using a mobile app that would more traditionally be a multiple choice. So when showing the bar graph of options 1-4, and then a picture of what options 1-4 where, it was pretty intuitive. It sounds like your use case isn't so simple? What did you use the HotSpot question type for?

Leave a Reply