Automated Emails with Data | XM Community
Solved

Automated Emails with Data

• 28 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hey all!

I know that in Research Core you have the ability to send yourself (and others) emails with results/reports on a regular basis, but is there an automated way to send yourself data/data files?

For example, if possible, I'd love to be able to send myself data from the past week every Monday.
icon

Best answer by MichelleC 28 November 2017, 15:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@RachelTHREE, I'll bet @AnthonyR will know, but I"m going to guess the answer is related to automating an API call? Found this at api.qualtrics.com: https://api.qualtrics.com/docs/response-exports
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
We actually do this pretty often using the api. Ours is setup on a scheduled r project to send us all data files for projects with updated data in the last 24 hours each morning.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Awesome - thanks so much @MichelleC and @AnthonyR!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@RachelTHREE If you decide to set it up and run in to any problems, don't hesitate to reach out in a message to me. I'll help if I can 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
@AnthonyR - Thanks - I really appreciate it! I'll likely try working through it later this week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
-Retracted-

@RachelTHREE and @AnthonyR - There is an easier way to do this that doesn't require any API or R code.

In the report section of the survey you have the option to create custom reports. Filter by whatever data you want to consider (or not consider), just make sure to set an End Date filter for the last 7 days. Then under Share Report, you can set up a weekly email with an attached CSV.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@Akdashboard

That is just the CSV version of the report isn't it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@AnthonyR - Yes, you are right. It is only the darn csv version of the report. I made an assumption that it worked the same as it does in Vocalize.

@RachelTHREE - If you have Vocalize access, you can create a "dashboard" and map all your data from the survey(s) you want to it. Then you can schedule emails and attach a .csv of the raw data. The data will only include what you have mapped to Vocalize and it honors any recoding you have done. If you only want the last 7 days, then you just need to apply a filter and tell the report to honor your active filters.

Now, if you don't have Vocalize.... then I think you are stuck with APIs and a custom work around.

Leave a Reply