Qualtrics Theme Builder | XM Community

Qualtrics Theme Builder

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Qualtrics has a theme building page. Not sure if this is a new feature, or just one I didn't know about. There is a live preview of what the theme looks like as you build using the wizard. What took two hours custom coding with CSS now can be done in minutes. Yay! It looks like you need to have a branded account and this is limited to brand administrators.

https://www.qualtrics.com/theme-design/

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
This has actually been on their feature roadmap for a while, glad to see it is starting to roll out!

https://www.qualtrics.com/product--roadmap/
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi @JulieT and @AnthonyR!

What you actually have discovered here is our survey for requesting a Branded Theme. Once you create a theme with that survey, it is sent to our design team to be built. Your Qualtrics license will need to include the building of a custom theme for it to be built (if it does not, a Brand Administrator can reach out to their Client Success Representative or Account Executive for more details).

You can find more information about how these Branded Themes work here. Note that the "Professional Design Templates" that you see listed in our Product Roadmap is different from this survey you've identified, but it is still in the works!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@Emily well that's frustrating to hear simple changes to colors and permanent headers have to be routed through Qualtrics design team. I spent two hours with our IT department to create a branded template via CSS. I was able to create the same look with the wizard in 10 minutes only to find out I'll probably have to pay to get it created. That seems counter productive. Grrr.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
> @JulieT said:
> @Emily well that's frustrating to hear simple changes to colors and permanent headers have to be routed through Qualtrics design team. I spent two hours with our IT department to create a branded template via CSS. I was able to create the same look with the wizard in 10 minutes only to find out I'll probably have to pay to get it created. That seems counter productive. Grrr.

We're sorry that it wasn't clear, Julie - each license has a certain number of themes that come with it. Once you have a Branded Theme created for you, updates and changes are always free of charge. We'll try and make sure that is more clear on the page!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
From my experience the turnaround is usually much quicker than the page implies. We get requests from our units for a theme with their logo instead of the U-M general logo, and they're a cinch to set up!

The only awkward part anymore is making sure their users are in the right division and that the theme is turned off for all the other divisions, so those jokesters in Mathematics can't send out a survey as the English Language Institute. We have about a thousand divisions so this can be time consuming.

(I'm kidding, it only seems like a thousand when I have to click on each division, scroll down, and turn the theme to "disable" -- I search-in-page for the theme name to reduce scrolling)
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
I had a great experience having my theme built! Turnaround was fast, the finished product was exactly what I wanted, and now I don't have to worry about forgetting to add a header/footer, etc. on future surveys 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
@Emily has this policy of paying per theme changed? On the brand admin page about themes it says the following:

"The Themes tab of the Admin page allows Brand Administrators to create branded Dynamic Themes for their whole brand to use. With this tool, administrators can create an unlimited number of branded themes, and then restrict who has access to what using permissions. This makes it easier than ever to create beautiful custom themes that comply with your brand’s personal sense of style."

Can we now make unlimited custom themes using the themes tab?
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
@uhrxx005, I hope that's the case!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
If you are a brand admin, yes, this is the case. I was in a beta group previewing this function. Pretty slick!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
> @uhrxx005 said:
> @Emily has this policy of paying per theme changed? On the brand admin page about themes it says the following:
>
> "The Themes tab of the Admin page allows Brand Administrators to create branded Dynamic Themes for their whole brand to use. With this tool, administrators can create an unlimited number of branded themes, and then restrict who has access to what using permissions. This makes it easier than ever to create beautiful custom themes that comply with your brand’s personal sense of style."
>
> Can we now make unlimited custom themes using the themes tab?

Yes, you can make an unlimited number of custom themes with this new feature! However, if you would like to have the Qualtrics design team build a static theme for your survey, you will still have a set number of themes included with your license.

Leave a Reply