Download options for text responses | XM Community
Solved

Download options for text responses

• 8 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
We use Vocalize to share course evaluation dashboards with faculty, but the comments are creating a tricky situation for me. I have the comments displayed in a response ticker widget, but when faculty try to export their vocalize comments page as a PDF, it only shows what is visible on the screen. As a workaround, I instruct them to download the _widget_ as a CSV and then save it as a PDF, but they are not liking this multi-step process. Has anyone found an easier way? Would another widget work better?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 17 January 2018, 17:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I provide a link to a online report that has _just_ the comments. This 2nd type of report isn't in Vocalize, though. You create it under the "Report" section of the survey.

You first make a report with the comments (and whatever else you want), then go to Share>Manage Public Reports>Turn on Public Reports. You will get a custom URL for that report that you can hyperlink in Vocalize.

!
Userlevel 6
Badge +45
@Akdashboard will this report automatically respond to the filters in Vocalize (for instance, the instructor report is filtered by their ID number, which is built in to the SSO) so that it only shows one person's comments when they log in?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@VirginiaM
No it will not. You will need to create a report for each ID number, if you wanted that.
Badge
@VirginiaM I also have this issue and no workaround as yet. Our best bet may be to put in a feature request to be able to export comments as a .doc? Seems odd seeing as the functionality already exists in the Reporting side that they can't apply the same logic to Vocalize.

Leave a Reply