Department of Transportation
November 10, 2020 / 1:00 pm ET / 10:00 am PT
Session 1 - Transforming your research with a modern insights platform
1-1:30 PM ET / 10-10:30 AM PT
The Department of Transportation (DOT) spends approximately $1 billion in research and development every year. Consolidating this research on a single, modern platform offers three key benefits: faster research, lower costs, and higher quality data – learn how to apply these benefits in our transformation demonstration with live Q&A.
- Why other agencies have centralized insights on a single platform.
- How advanced analytics and automation create a system of action, not just measurement.
- How to share key insights across your organization.
- How you embrace employee experience to deliver better technology outcomes.
- What to do to improve IT support processes, quality and perception.
- Ways to ensure new software implementations and project rollouts meet employee needs.
- How to use employee insights to make the right investments and drive continuous improvement.
By joining this session you’ll learn:
Session 2 - Improving technology experiences for a more engaged workforce
2-2:30 PM ET / 11-11:30 AM PT
Improved technology experiences lead to higher productivity, more engaged employees, and overall better customer outcomes. However, according to McKinsey, 70% of digital transformation projects fail – mostly because they lack employee input. So how can DOT use experience management (XM) to close the gap between what employees want and what IT teams deliver?
Learn how Qualtrics EmployeeXM for IT has helped other government agencies deliver exceptional technology experiences, improve IT deployment, and streamline continuous improvement efforts – all while empowering employees to deliver on DOT’s mission.
By attending this 30 minute session you’ll discover: