What are your assessment messages?
Assessment messages refers to the pieces of text built into your online assessment, excluding the items/questions. Most companies will have a couple different messages on their assessment, tailored for subjects (people being evaluated) and evaluators (people evaluating others):
- Assessment welcome page – the landing page with a welcome note
- Instructions page – outlining the key details needed to complete the assessment
What should good assessment messages include?
The table below shows the key information you should include in each assessment message:
Information on that Page
|Welcome page||* Why feedback assessments are important
* What the evaluation process is
* Assurances around confidentiality
* Ask people to be honest and constructive!
|Instructions page||* How long the assessment should take
* Details on how to answer questions
* Any applicable deadlines for responses
* Where to go if they have any questions
* Common rating biases to avoid