What's on this page:Best Practices When Writing MessagesInvite And Reminder MessagesAdditional Email MessagesWelcome and Instruction Messages
An often forgotten but critical step in launching a 360 assessment is creating and scheduling invitations and reminders. The Qualtrics 360 platform allows you to easily create and schedule invitation and reminder emails as well as other email messages, such as when a report is ready to be viewed. Not all messages are sent via email. You also have the option to write messages that will be displayed in the participant portal.
It is important to make sure your emails will be delivered. Read this information to ensure that your participants receive emails in their inbox and not their spam folder. If you need help setting up a SPF record for your organization, contact our support team at (800) 340 – 9194.
Best Practices When Writing Messages
When writing your invite and reminder messages it is important to include relevant and necessary information. Best practice suggests that your messages should always include:
- Deadline for completing the assessment
- How to access the assessment link
- Any specific information relating to the survey access – i.e., unique links or passwords
- Where to go if they have any questions
Invite And Reminder Messages
The Qualtrics 360 platform allows you to send invite and reminder emails to both your subjects and evaluators. Below you’ll find invite and reminder templates that you can either use or modify for your assessment. Once you’ve written your messages you can insert them into your assessment and schedule your emails. Here are some templates that you can use to guide your message creation.
Watch this video (or see below) to learn to send them!
Additional Email Messages
In addition to invite and reminder messages, you can send other messages to subjects and managers. However, these messages are only released based on the participant and report options you established when setting up your workflow.
- Report ready: You can alert subjects and managers when the subject’s report is ready. The subject and/or manager will only receive this email if you specify that the subject and/or manager can access the report.
- Approve report: This message is sent to the subject’s manager to notify them that the subject’s report is ready for approval. This message will only be sent if you specified that the manager must approve the subject’s report.
- Approve nominations: This message is sent to a manager when a nomination made by a direct report needs to be approved. This message will only be sent if you specified that the manager must approve nominated evaluators.
- Nominations denied: This message is sent to subjects when one of their evaluator nominations has been denied.
- Request approval: This message is sent to managers when a subject is requesting approval for their nominated evaluators. This message will only be sent if you specify that the manager must approve nominate evaluators.
Welcome and Instruction Messages
Along with email messages, you can also create messages that can appear in the participant portal. The participant portal is the page subjects and evaluators see when they log in to access their evaluations and report. Note: an evaluator will only see the participant portal if they are a subject in the same assessment as the people they are evaluating. If they aren’t a subject in that particular assessment it will appear as if they are filling out a regular survey.
It is important to include a welcome message as well as instruction messages to ensure that subjects and evaluators understand exactly what they need to do.
- Welcome message: This message will be displayed upon log in to begin the assessment or view their task list. You can create specific messages for subjects and evaluators. Click here to download a template.
- Evaluate self: This message will be displayed to subjects when they begin their self-evaluation and should contain instructions on how to complete the assessment.
- Invite others: This message will be displayed to subjects when they begin nominating evaluators.
- Evaluate others: This message will be displayed when participants are evaluating others from inside the portal and should contain instructions on how to complete the assessment.
LAST STEP: CLOSING YOUR ASSESSMENT