The Embedded Link allows you to place a link on your website that will direct visitors to different destinations depending on criteria you set. This can be useful for A/B testing. For example, you could send 50% of your visitors to a different version of your page in order to determine which layout or version converts more customers. Or for promotional material, you could link visitors from certain geographic regions to special landing pages specific to those regions.
How It Works
The Embedded Link places a link on your webpage, and the Intercept Editor allows you to specify which webpage the link goes to, also known as the target.
To Implement an Embedded Link
- Navigate to your Embedded Link Creative.
- Type the text you would like displayed for your link.
- In the Intercept Editor, select the Embedded Link Creative and then specify the target survey or website. Learn more about targeting surveys and websites in the About Intercepts support page.
- Have your web team designate space on your website, where your Embedded Link will be inserted. This space should include an HTML element with an ID attribute. Identify and copy the HTML ID between the quotation marks as shown below.In many cases, an HTML tag with an ID already exists in the proper location, and no site modifications are needed.
Qtip: Use your browser’s Inspect Element function to determine the HTML ID of an element. In most browsers, simply right click on the portion of the page you would like to inspect, and select Inspect Element.
- In the Options menu of your Intercept’s action, select Advanced Options.
- Paste the HTML ID of your target container into the Creative Insertion Point field.
- When a visitor comes to this page on your website, Site Intercept will find the target container with the HTML ID you specified and insert the Creative there.