What's on this page:IntroductionUnderstanding InterceptsCreating an InterceptPublishing an InterceptThe Manage Intercept Menu
Once you’ve built a Creative, the next step is to set conditions for when it will display. This is where the Intercept comes in. On this page you’ll learn how Intercepts work, and how to build an Intercept that targets your visitors and shows them the appropriate Creative.
An Intercept consists of one or more actions (called Action Sets) that could occur if a visitor meets the conditions you specify. Each of these actions will contain specific logic conditions, a Creative to show if those conditions are met, and a Target (survey or website) that your visitor will be directed to if they click on the Creative.
When a visitor comes to your page, the Intercept will run the first action that the visitor qualifies for. If a visitor doesn’t qualify for the first action, then the Intercept will run the second action (if the visitor qualifies,) and so forth. If the visitor doesn’t qualify for any of the actions, then they won’t see any Creative on that page. Only one action can be carried out from each intercept, so choose your order carefully.
You also have the option to randomize the Actions Sets. Rather than ordering each action set from first to last, you can have the Intercept randomize the order. This can be helpful for A/B testing with two action sets in one Intercept. To enable this option, go to the Change Options menu and select “Randomize Action Sets.
Creating an Intercept
- Navigate to the Intercepts section.
- Click the green New Intercept button on the top left of the Intercepts page.
- Enter a Name for your new Intercept and click Save. You can also pull an Intercept template that you’ve already saved to your library by clicking Intercept Library.
- You will be presented with a new blank Intercept consisting of just one action. By default, a new action set will have no conditions and will be set to show always.
- Choose a Creative to use for this action.
- Choose a Target to be loaded when the visitor clicks on your Creative. This Target can be a Qualtrics Survey, a Qualtrics Poll, or a Qualtrics Public Report from your account. It can also be any other web page, or if you are simply displaying an informational Creative and don’t need the visitor to take action, you can select No Target.
Qtip: Doing your survey research on a platform other than Qualtrics? Simply paste your survey URL into the My Own Web Page field.
- Click Change to set conditions that must be met for this action to take place.
- If additional actions are needed, click Add Another Action and repeat the above steps.
Publishing an Intercept
When you publish your Intercept, you will be invited to write a description for your changes. This description will be shown in your revision history to help you easily identify what was changed from revision to revision, should you need to revert to a prior version at some point later on.
For a more in-depth look at the publishing and activating process, refer to the Publishing Intercepts support page.
The Manage Intercept Menu
Basic settings for your Intercept can be found by either clicking Manage Intercept in the top-right of the editor, or by clicking the drop-down arrow next to your Intercept in the left-hand panel.
Options in the Manage Intercept Menu
- Revisions: View past revisions of your Intercept and, if needed, revert to a previous version.
- Save: Manually save any changes you’ve made to your Intercept. Note that changes are saved automatically every few seconds.
- Rename: Give your Intercept a new name.
- Copy: Create a copy of your Intercept.
- Copy to Library: Copy your Intercept to a global library.
- Delete: Remove your Intercept. This action cannot be undone.
- Activate/Deactivate Intercept: This allows you to turn the Intercept on/off your website without involving your web team.
- Event Tracking: This allows you to control the events that take place when this Intercept runs. For more about this feature, check out our support page for Event Tracking.