About the Extract Data from Salesforce Task
The Extract Data from Salesforce task imports data from your Salesforce instance to use in Qualtrics. Once the data is imported into Qualtrics, use a data loader task to save the data in your desired area on the platform.
Setting Up an Extract Data from Salesforce Task
- Using the navigation menu in the top left, go to Workflows.
- Click Create a workflow.
- Determine whether the workflow should be Scheduled or Event-Based. For a comparison of these options, see Scheduled Workflows vs. Event-Based Workflows.
Qtip: Most of the time, you’ll use a scheduled workflow to make sure your data is regularly up to date.
- Click Get started.
- Give your workflow a name by clicking the workflow name at the top.
- Determine the trigger for your workflow which determines what causes the workflow to fire. What you do here will depend on if you selected an event-based or scheduled workflow. See Scheduled Workflows vs Event-Based Workflows for more information.
- Click the plus sign ( + ) and select Task.
- Select the Extract data from Salesforce task.
- Select the Salesforce account to import data from.
Qtip: Any Salesforce accounts you’ve previously connected as well as accounts set up by Brand Administrators will be available here.Attention: You may have up to five external connections to your Salesforce account for this task. If you add more than five connections, the oldest connection will be severed.
- If you’d like to add a new Salesforce account, click Add user account.
- Click Next.
- Click Add object.
- Select the object you want to add. You can add multiple objects.
Qtip: If you don’t have any objects here, then the connection between your Salesforce account and Qualtrics is invalid or expired. Return to the account selection screen by clicking Back and add new Salesforce credentials.Qtip: If mapping Accounts, make sure to follow the Account Management Command Center guide for a step-by-step on mapping Account fields.
- Select an object you added to begin mapping fields.
- If desired, use the Salesforce list dropdown menu to limit which objects are imported based on the list’s filter criteria in Salesforce (called List View in Salesforce). If no option is selected, then all associated objects will be imported.
- Click Add field.
- Use the select field dropdown menu to select a field to map. Repeat these steps for as many fields as needed.
- To remove a field from your mapping, click the trash can icon.
- If importing multiple objects, repeat the mapping steps above to map your fields for each object.
- Click Save once you’re finished.
After extracting data from Salesforce, you must tell Qualtrics where to save the data with a data loader task. See Available Loader Tasks for more information.