What's on this page:Creating UsersEditing UsersEditing Multiple UsersDeleting UsersUser Roles and Attributes
Anyone who will access, edit, or view a dashboard will need to have a Vocalize user account. As an administrator, you have access to create new user accounts for your Vocalize license. You can also edit existing users or assign them to specific roles.
- Open the User Admin area of the Administration section.
- Click on the Add User button on the top right side of the page.
- Provide the username, name, email, password, and optionallya User Role or User Attribute.
- Click Save.
Qtip: Administrators can also edit any Vocalize Users in the Research Suite administration section.
- Click on any user in the User Admin area of the Administration tab.
- Click on whichever field you want to update and type in a new value.
- If you want to change an individual’s password, you can click on the Change Password button.
Qtip: If you need to send a password reset email, visit the user administration feature within Research Suite.
- Click Save.
Editing Multiple Users
User Roles and Attributes
To better organize your users and data permissioning, Vocalize allows you to attach metadata to each user in the form of User Attributes. User Attributes can be assigned to any user manually in the User Admin section or when mapped over from an SSO server. By assigning attributes to users, you allow data permissioning to work dynamically based on attributes assigned to the user rather than statically based on the filters. For more information about data permissioning, please see our page about sharing dashboards and setting data restrictions.
You can also organize your users into specific teams by using User Roles, used for ticketing and data permissioningThese groups can be used when sharing a dashboard or used as teams to divide up dashboards when using ticketing. To share with a User Role instead of a User, type the name of the role. Note that users are able to have multiple roles which is explained in Managing User Roles.