Qualtrics X4 Academic Bursary Contest
Please read these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”) before entering the Qualtrics X4 Academic Bursary Contest (the “Contest”). By submitting an entry, an entrant (“you” or “your”) acknowledges that you are eligible to enter the Contest and have read and agree to be bound by these Rules and our and the judges’ decisions related to the Contest. The sponsor of the Contest is Qualtrics, LLC (“Qualtrics,” “we,” “our,” or “us”).
1. Eligibility. To enter the contest, you must be (i) at least 18 years old, (ii) considered the age of legal majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, (iii) a Qualtrics license holder based in the European Economic Area, and (iv) affiliated with a University or other academic program. The Contest and these Rules are void in Quebec and where prohibited by law, and are subject to applicable laws. Entrants may not be a national or legal permanent resident of any of the following countries: Burma, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria. You are not eligible to enter the Contest if you are (a) an employee or independent contractor of Qualtrics or one of its affiliates or (b) a family member (spouse, domestic partner, parent, grandparent, sibling, child, or grandchild) of, or individual living in the same household as, an employee or independent contractor of Qualtrics or one of its affiliates.
2. How to Enter. We must actually receive your Contest entry between December 22nd, 2017 at 12:00:01 a.m. (GMT) and February 28, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. (GMT). The contest is limited to 5,000 Entries, and we may choose to stop accepting Entries after we have received that many Entries. You must enter online by filling out an online submission form at https://www.qualtrics.com/uk/x4-academic-bursary/ (the “Contest Website”) and include (i) your name, (ii) your email address, (iii) your affiliated University/Academic program, (iv) a brief (appx. 300 word) description of your research study, including the questions you are trying to address and summaries and links to relevant background literature if applicable, (v) the outcome or new knowledge you expect to come out of your research, including research questions, models, or hypotheses describing the issues to be studied, your initial thoughts or beliefs, and what should be learned from the study (appx. 200 words), (vi) a brief (appx. 300 words) description of the research design and methodology, including how the Qualtrics XM Platform will be used in the study, (vii) a brief (appx. 50 words) timetable for your research project including key research milestones and an expected completion date, and (viii) a short biography for each researcher, including if applicable CV’s or LinkedIn pages (appx. 100 words) (collectively, your “Entry”). There is no limit to the number of Entries you may submit. We will not review any Entry that does not comply with these Rules.
3. Entry Requirements. Your Entry must: (a) be your original creation; (b) be in the English language; (c) not be subject to any copyright or other restrictions that would prevent it from being used in accordance with these Rules; and (d) not contain any obscene, offensive, inappropriate, pornographic, sexually explicit, libelous, or disparaging material. Any Entry that we determine, in our sole discretion, meets these requirements and otherwise complies with these Rules will be considered a “Valid Entry.”
4. Conditions of Entry and Requirements of Winners. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that your Entry (and its use as contemplated by these Rules): (a) is your original creation; (b) has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (c) does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, confidentiality, privacy or publicity right, or other proprietary or intellectual property right of any person or entity; and (d) is not defamatory, libelous, obscene, or otherwise illegal. You further represent and warrant that you have complete, worldwide ownership and distribution rights in and to your all aspects and components of your Entry. In addition, by submitting an Entry, you agree that, if you win, you will (i) attend X4 EMEA, with Qualtrics to cover travel costs, and (ii) provide to Qualtrics a case study based on your Entry.
5. Grant of Rights. By submitting an Entry, you grant Qualtrics and its affiliates and agents permission to publish and use, without charge, your Entry along with your name and the name of your organization or university for any purpose in connection with this Contest and for marketing and promotional purposes not connected to this Contest. By way of example and without limiting the preceding sentence, we may show your name, the name of your organization or university, and your Entry to prospective customers, event attendees, and other members of the public by publishing it on the Contest Website or our website. You also grant us the right to edit the formatting, display and length of your Entry, and to remove and/or replace any language we deem inappropriate or irrelevant, without compensation or approval. To the extent that any moral rights (for example, the right to attribution and the right to integrity) apply, you waive and irrevocably agree not to assert your moral rights in your Entry for purposes of this Contest, including without limitation our use of your Entry as described above. You represent that you have received the consent of any person, organization, company or university whose name or likeness is used or featured in any Entry that you submit. We have the right at any time to request proof of consent, and to disqualify your Entry if you cannot provide the requested proof. By participating in the Contest, you consent to the worldwide use of your name, the name of your organization or university, and your biographical information, photographs, videos or likenesses in any manner and in any medium now in existence or later invented for any purpose in connection with the Contest without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. If you revoke or attempt to revoke any of the provisions of this Section, then Qualtrics in its discretion may at any time thereafter disqualify you, deem your Entry void, and revoke any Prizes (as defined below) awarded to you. If you have any questions or concerns about the rights granted in this paragraph, or you want more information about how Qualtrics may use your Entry, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Collection and Use of Personal Information. We are collecting personal information primarily to process Entries, to contact you if necessary, and for marketing purposes. We will use your personal information for marketing by Qualtrics. By participating in this Contest, non-U.S. resident entrants are authorizing the transfer of personal data to the United States for these purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you will be provided with a method to opt-out from future communications. By entering the Contest, you agree that we may share your information, in our sole discretion, with third parties that have a need to know the information (such as those we retain to assist in administering the Contest). The data controller is Qualtrics, LLC. Do not submit an Entry if you do not agree to these terms or to the Qualtrics Privacy Statement available at http://www.qualtrics.com/privacy-statement/.
7. Judging Process. Between March 1, 2018 and April 2, 2018 select Qualtrics employees and affiliates or contractors acting as judges (“Judges”) will review each Valid Entry. The Judges will assign a rating to each Valid Entry (e.g., on a scale of 1 to 10) based on the following criteria: Innovative use of Qualtrics XM Platform, innovative use of connected technologies, overall benefit to the public, broad interest of the research, and overall quality of the Entry. The scores for each Entry will be compared and used to determine the Contest winners. If a tiebreaker is needed to determine any winner, an executive of Qualtrics will select the winner based on the above criteria in his or her sole discretion. The application of the criteria and the scores given for each Entry will be in the sole discretion of the Judges. Judge identities and Entry scores will not be revealed to you or the public.
8. Prizes. The following prizes will be available to be awarded: (i) 1st prize, £7,500 (€8,500); (ii) 2nd prize, £4,500 (€5,000); (iii) 3rd prize, £3,000 (€3,400) (collectively, the “Prizes”). The total value of all Prizes is £15,000 (€16,900). You may not win more than one Prize. You may not substitute or transfer a Prize. We reserve the right to substitute a Prize with anything of comparable or greater value.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS. If you are selected as a Prize winner, we will notify you by phone or e-mail starting on or about [April 11, 2018]. We may also announce Prize winners (before or after notifying them individually) publicly on our website, on the Contest Website, at an event, or through social media. All Prize winners will be required to provide documentation (that must be satisfactory to us in our sole discretion) to prove their eligibility to participate in the Contest by 8th April. If you do not provide such documentation, you will forfeit your Prize and be disqualified from the Contest. If any documentation is not returned by the specified dates, we may select an alternative Prize winner in our discretion. Prior to awarding a prize, we may require you to sign additional documents we believe are necessary or helpful to confirm your eligibility, to obtain a liability and publicity release, or to award any Prize.
10. Taxes. ALL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH ANY PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AND USE ARE YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY. IF TAXES ARE APPLICABLE TO A PRIZE YOU RECEIVE, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY THEM TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REPORT PRIZES AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS TO ANY AUTHORITY WE DEEM APPROPRIATE. THE AWARDING OF ANY PRIZE TO YOU IS SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT YOU SUBMIT TO US ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY US TO PERMIT COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. Each Prize winner will be required to provide any additional tax filing information as requested by us. You are responsible for ensuring that the tax documentation submitted to us complies with all applicable tax laws and requirements. If you fail to provide the documentation or submit incomplete documentation, the Prize may be forfeited and we may, in our sole discretion, select an alternate.
11. Disqualifications. If your Entry is disqualified for any reason, you will not receive a notice or explanation describing the reason for the disqualification. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify you and void all associated Entries if you are found to be tampering with the entry or voting process, the outcome of the Contest, or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or the Qualtrics website; to be acting in violation of these Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER RELIEF (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM THE PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. ADDITIONAL TERMS. The Contest and all accompanying materials are © 2017 by Qualtrics, LLC or its affiliates. All rights reserved. You agree that our decisions related to the Contest are final and binding in all matters. We reserve the right, to the maximum extent permitted by law, in our sole discretion, to change these rules or cancel the Contest at any time. We may also modify, terminate or suspend the Contest if any viruses, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond our reasonable control corrupt or impair the administration, security, or fairness of the Contest or submission of Entries. You agree that Qualtrics and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (a) any human or other error that may occur in the processing of the Entries; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries; (c) technical, network, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind that may occur in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, any errors or problems related to the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the tabulation of votes, the announcement of the Prizes, or the Contest-related materials, (d) inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive, any entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or (e) injury or damage to you or a computer resulting from accessing or downloading any materials in connection with the Contest.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF ANY ENTRY (OR PORTION THEREOF) OR FOR ANY LIABILITY, LOSS, INJURY, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OR TO PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE CONTEST OR ANY ENTRY. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR COURT COSTS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, OR BY REASON OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZES. FURTHER, IN ANY DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES. YOU FURTHER WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED.
14. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES. This Contest is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. As a condition of participating in this Contest, you agree, to the extent permitted by law, that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, in binding arbitration located in London, United Kingdom, under the rules of the International Centre for Dispute Resolution of the American Arbitration Association by an arbitrator appointed in accordance with such rules. The arbitration will be conducted in the English language, provided that any witness whose native language is not English may give testimony in his or her native language with simultaneous translation into English. Each party shall bear its own costs, and in no event shall either party be entitled to an award of costs or fees. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrators may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.