A block is a set of questions placed together in the survey for organizational or logistical reasons. A default question block is automatically inserted into a new survey.
Add a Block
Rename a Block
Edit the Block Options
Block Options are located in a menu in the the upper right-hand corner of each block.
The menu options are the following:
- View Block: Allows you to see a preview of the block. This is useful when you would like to preview your logic but do not want to preview the whole survey.
- Collapse Questions: Allows you to minimize your questions, making it easier to navigate your block and find a specific question.
- Lock Block: Allows you to password protect the question block and its contents. This can be useful when sharing a survey and giving the collaborator editing rights. You will be prompted to enter a password twice.
- Question Randomization: Allows you to randomize the order in which your questions appear within the block. Note that randomization overrides your page breaks and question order. It may also invalidate your display logic. For more information on Randomization, please visit the Question Randomization page.
- Loop and Merge: Allows you to repeat the questions within the block as many times as needed based on how the respondent has answered a previous question. For more information on Loop and Merge, visit the Loop and Merge page.
- Move Block Up and Move Block Down: Allows you to easily relocate your blocks.
- Delete Block: Moves the block into the trash.