The Survey Flow is the probably the most powerful tool in the Research Suite. This tool will let you do almost anything with your survey and is always the first place our experts turn when a sophisticated need arises.This page will give you a quick overview of the tool, and its subpages will show you the options you have in more detail. Be sure to review them carefully as they will open up new options for your research.
Edit the Survey Flow
- In Edit Survey, click Survey Flow in the gray navigation bar.
- To add a new element, click Add a New Element Here.
- Select one of the seven elements from the list by clicking on the related icon.
- Move elements around by clicking Move and dragging them to the correct location in the flow, or by clicking the element and pressing the Up or Down arrow.
- If you want to add elements between blocks, click Add Below within a block.
- When you are done editing the flow, click Save Flow.
Use Survey Flow functions
- Display Blocks Conditionally: Use branch elements to set up advanced logic. Setting up advanced logic with branch elements is necessary when you have a block that you would like to display conditionally. Instead of putting the same display logic on 30 questions, put the 30 questions in a block and put the block under a branch. Visit the Branch Logic page for more information.
- Screen Respondents: Use Branche and End of Survey elements to screen respondents out of the survey. Put your screener questions in a block. Insert a branch after the screener block. Add conditions to the Branch. Put an End of Survey element under the Branch. Every respondent that meets the Branch condition will be sent to the end of the survey.
- Randomize Blocks: Use the Randomizer element to randomly present blocks. Put the Randomizer in the Survey Flow. Put blocks you want to randomize under the Randomizer. Visit the Block Randomization page for more information.
- Embedded Data: The Embedded Data in your panel will not be shown automatically in your results. Add the embedded data to the survey flow to have it show up in the results. Go into the Survey Flow, click on Add a New Element Here and select Embedded Data. Select Add From Panel and type in the embedded data field names. Visit the Embedded Data page for more information.
- Web Service: Use the Web Service feature to pull information into your survey from an external website’s RSS feed. Pipe the information into survey questions or filter respondents using Branch or Display Logic. An RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a web feed of frequently changing content that is often times associated with headlines, top stories, or other frequently updated works. Visit the Web Service page for more information.
- Authenticator: The Authenticator allows you to verify each respondents identities by prompting them to enter their appropriate information, like a password or ID number, before they can access the survey. It can also be used to tie embedded data fields into your survey when using the anonymous survey link. Visit the Authenticator page for more information.
- End of Survey: The End of Survey option allows you to terminate respondents at various locations in the Survey Flow. Additionally, you can customize the End of Survey element to show respondents a unique end of survey message, increment their quota counts, show a report summary and more. Visit the End of Survey page for more information.