If you want to randomize blocks, the Randomizer element will help you do it.
This element can present all, or a subset, of the blocks underneath it, giving you total control over block randomization.
To Randomize Blocks:
- Click Survey Flow.
- Click Add Below or Add a New Element Here. A yellow box appears.
- Click Randomizer.
- Move the blocks or other elements you want to randomize under the Randomizer element.
- Choose whether you’d like to present all of the randomized elements or present a subset of the total randomized elements by clicking on the plus or minus button in the Randomizer element.
- Moving your Randomizer in the Survey Flow will also move all elements within it.
- Evenly Present Elements counts the number of times each element is displayed and presents them evenly. This means that an element will not be shown again until all the other elements have been shown. You can see how many times each element is displayed by clicking the Reset option in the Randomizer. You can also manually alter the counts if you want to make one option appear more or less than the others.
- When downloading data, you can download the randomized display order, which will indicate which blocks were shown and the order they were shown in.
- If you have sets of blocks you would like to randomize in groups instead of individually (show blocks 1 and 2 together and blocks 3 and 4 together but display the sets randomly), you must nest the sets of blocks in branch elements first, and then put the branch elements under the randomizer.