The Rich Text Editor allows you to make custom changes in a friendly, word-processor like, interface. You can even add graphics, videos or piped text in seconds. This page will give you a quick overview on what you can do.
- When editing Question Text, click the Rich Text Editor tab near the top left corner of the question text window.
- When editing Answer Choices, click the blue drop-down button to the right of the answer choice text.
- When editing the Header/Footer in the Advanced tab of the Look and Feel section, click the Edit button next to either the Header or Footer.
- When setting up Email Survey, the email message will be open in the Rich Text Editor for easy editing.
- When creating messages in the Message Library, the message will be opened in the Rich Text Editor.
When you are done using the Rich Text Editor, click the gray space outside of the Rich Text Editor window and the changes will automatically be saved.
- Pipe in text from a question, panel, or embedded data field.
- Insert images into a survey or message from your graphics library. If you haven’t uploaded your graphic into your library already, you can upload a graphic from this view.
- Attach or link to files for respondents to download from surveys or messages.
- Insert media into your survey, such as video or audio clips from a URL. You can also use the links from your Files Library to have Qualtrics host the media files.
- Insert special characters that you can’t find on your keyboard.
- Insert a table in which you can then insert content.
- Hyperlink a word or phrase, or remove a hyperlink.
- Paste from Word without bringing in unnecessary code. Use this option to Copy and Paste text from Word without causing formatting issues.
- Undo/Redo changes.
- Align text left, center, right, and block justify.
- Increase/decrease indent of text and lists.
- Insert Numbered and/or Bulleted Lists.
- Remove formatting from text you need to clean up.
- Change font.
- Change text size.
- Format text with bold, italicize, or underline options.
- Use subscripts or superscripts.
- Change text background color, or highlight text.
- Change text color.
- Use Source to view the HTML of the text being used and edit the HTML code as needed.
- In the Edit Survey tab, the Rich Text Editor tab will not be available unitl you click into the question text field you want to edit, so click in the text field to get started.
- Viewing Source in the Rich Text Editor is the same thing as viewing your question in HTML view for a question. If you would rather use code to edit your font, you can enter the code into Source or HTML view.
- Make sure you highlight the text you want to edit before you select one of the edit options in the Rich Text Editor toolbar.