insert a video or audio clip into a question
- Click into the text field of the question that will contain the video.
- Click the Rich Text Editor button.
- Click the Insert Media button that looks like a film strip.
- Select a media clip to insert.
- You can copy/paste the URL of the clip into the URL field.
- Or click Select File from Library and choose a file you’ve uploaded to your File Library.
- Click Advanced Options at the bottom to set the height and width of your clip.
- When finished, click the Insert button.
- Your media clip MUST be hosted somewhere online in order for you to put it into your survey. Your media clip may already be hosted on a site such as YouTube, but if not, you will need to host it on your servers, or upload it into your Qualtrics File Library.
- It is recommended you use a media format that is compatible across as many operating systems as possible. For example, Flash is commonly used across most major video websites and can be viewed on most operating systems.
- When you are selecting media to insert, the system will give you a preview of the clip so you can see it in action before inserting it. If the preview does not work, the media will not work in your survey.
- If you desire, you can make your clip auto-play when it loads. To do this, you will first need to insert your clip. Then, click into the HTML view of your question. Within the coding, you will see the link to your clip. At the end of the link append “&autoplay=1”. Go back to the normal view of the question. Your clip will then play automatically.