Sometimes a response is so important that you need to know about it immediately. For this reason, Qualtrics created a trigger to send you an email notification whenever conditions you specify are met.
This is often used for whistle-blower surveys to trigger an email to HR when fraud is reported. There are many other options as well.
To Set Up an Email Trigger:
- From the toolbar, click Advanced Options.
- Click Triggers, and then click Email Triggers.
By default, the email trigger will be sent any time a participant completes the survey.
- Optionally, click Add a Condition to set the trigger to send when the survey is completed AND a condition is met.
- Fill in the To Email Address form with the recipient’s email address.
- Fill in the From Email Address form. If left blank, a default Qualtrics email address will be used.
- Type a Subject for your trigger.
- Type a Message for your trigger, if desired.
- Select when the triggered message will be sent. By default, it will send immediately after a respondent finishes the survey. You can choose set times from as short as one hour to as long as 28 days after the trigger’s criteria is met.
- Select whether or not to Include a Response Report with the email. By default, a response report showing all of the participant’s answers will be sent.
- Click Finish Editing and Save Triggers.