About Organization Settings
The Organization Settings tab, found in the Admin page, allows you to view and manage options that apply to your whole license. From here, you can set up contact info, password parameters, logout redirects, and more.
The General section holds settings for emails, notifications, and contact information.
- Self-Enrollment email notification: Specify the email address(es) that should receive a notification whenever a user self-enrolls. Multiple emails should be separated with a comma (e.g., “firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com”). Note that this setting only applies if you have opted to allow self enrollment for your license and your license does not use Single Sign-On (SSO).
- Blind carbon copy (Bcc) all emails to: Specify the email address(es) that should be a BCC of every email sent by users in your license via the Qualtrics mailer. This includes Email distributions, Email Tasks, emails sent via the XM Directory Task, ticketing emails, and sending emails to a contact list.
- Brand admin contact info: Specify the contact information users should follow to ask questions regarding their permissions and the overall license. Note that this is also where Qualtrics Support will direct users with permissions questions.
Warning: This field is required and cannot be left blank.
- Restrict surveys to domain: Requires the individual to use their organization’s ID/information in the survey URL.
- Receive a response report: See the next section, Allow Response Report.
- Allow third-party services in Text iQ: Enable Multi-Language Sentiment Analysis & Translate Comments in Text iQ. This will ensure responses that aren’t in English are analyzed in their native language, allowing for more accurate sentiment assignment. However, this feature requires sharing data with a third party software. See the linked support page for more information on this feature’s functions and the available languages.
The Contact Information section allows you to enter contact information if you’d like Qualtrics to reach out to alternative security and technical contacts. If you’d like Qualtrics to contact the Brand Administrator, feel free to leave these fields blank.
- Security contact email: The email of your organization’s security contact.
- Security phone: The phone number of your organization’s security contact.
- Technical contact email: The email of your organization’s technical contact.
- Technical phone: The email of your organization’s technical contact.
Allow Response Report
Response Reports are a feature that your Qualtrics users can attach to their email task in the Actions tab. They attach a copy of the participant’s entire survey response to an email a set period of time after it is submitted. When you deselect Receive a response report, you disable the ability for survey creators to display response reports in an email task.
However, the option will still appear in Email Tasks even after being disabled in the Organization Settings. It is advised you reach out to your users to let them know if you make this change.
Custom Email Header
This set of options allows you to set custom headers on all the emails in your brand. These custom headers can contain any information you want relating to the sender, ESP, ISP, or recipient. Custom email headers are static and apply to the entire brand.
- Custom Email Header Name: The name of the email header.
- Custom Email Header Body: The body of the header. This is what the header’s value will be in every distribution coming from the brand.
Viewing Custom Email Headers
Custom email headers appear when you view the original text of the email. This can be accessed in many mailers by clicking a dropdown and selecting Show original.
Custom Email Domains
This section of the Organization Settings allows you to create custom email domains. This allows users in your brand to send emails through Qualtrics using your organization’s custom email address. To learn more about this, see Configuring a Custom From Domain.
For more information, see Using a Custom “From” Address.
Log in and Log out
The Log in and log out section allows you to set redirects for your brand’s login and logout experiences.
- Login redirect: Specify where a user is redirected upon going to your organization’s login URL.
- Logout redirect: Specify where a user is redirected upon logging out of their account.
Login Page Description
You can create a custom message that will display on your organization’s login page. This could include contact information or any other instructions you may need to communicate to your users.
The Projects section allows your users to set additional information on each survey.
The Survey Description features function as a subtitle that a user is prompted to add when creating a survey. This subtitle information can be used when exporting your Summary Report since it will be added as an additional column in the export.
- Metadata Label: What the user is prompted to enter, in addition to the Project Name, when creating a project.
- Validation RegEx: Regex that can be used to make sure the entered description matches a certain format. If no validation is specified, the user will not be required to enter an additional description.
- Validation error message: The message that is displayed to the user if they fail the validation.
Website / App Feedback
The Website / App Feedback section provides an option to specify information for your Website / App Feedback users.
Adobe Analytics Variable
If you’re running Adobe Analytics on your website, there are usually several variables that Website / App Feedback can read and use for targeting visitors and embedded data. By default, these variables have an “s” preceding the variable name. For example: “s.eVar1”.
However, some organizations have set a different prefix in Adobe for their variables (i.e., “q.eVar1”) and may find that Website / App Feedback cannot utilize the Adobe Analytics variables on the webpage. If you do use a custom prefix in Adobe Analytics, you’ll need to also enter it here in the Organization Settings.
Maximum Storage Size (Bytes)
This setting allows you to set a cap on how large Website / App Feedback cookies or session storage can be when your Intercept’s action set logic is based off of Site History or Page Count. This is particularly important if you have several services running on your site utilizing their own cookies. To change these settings simply enter your desired maximum size, and then click the green Save button.
Enable Website / App Feedback
The Password section contains requirements for the types of passwords users must create for their accounts.
- Expiry Time (days): Designate (in days) when all account passwords will expire (e.g., type “365” if you would like users to redo their password every 365 days). At that time, users will be prompted to create new passwords.
- Minimum password length: Specify the minimum number of characters that can be used in a user password.
- Minimum special characters: Specify the number of non-alpha characters (anything other than a letter) that must be present in user passwords.
- Password Creation Error: Create a unique error message for when users’ passwords don’t fit the specified criteria.
Allowed Brand URLs
The Allowed brand URLs section allows Brand Admins to restrict what domains are allowed to be used in links within surveys.
- Enable allowed brand URLs: Enables link domain restrictions for your brand. This setting is disabled by default.
- Allowed brand URLs: Specify the list of domains that can be used in links within surveys. Domains should be added in a comma separated list.
Qtip: Wildcards can be used to allow all subdomains for a given domain. For example, *.qualtrics.com would allow users to use surveys.qualtrics.com, research.qualtrics.com, etc. within links.
As a Brand Administrator, you have the ability to create and manage your SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) connections. You’ll be able to add new connections, update certificates on existing connections, modify settings such as Just In Time provisioning, and more.
For more information on how to implement your organization settings for SSO, see the Configuring Organization SSO Settings page.
1st Party Applications Opt-In
ENABLING XM BASECAMP FOR YOUR USERS
- Navigate to the Admin tab.
- Go to Organization Settings.
- Enable the checkbox for Allow access to 1st party applications.
- Toggle on the option for Basecamp.
- Click Apply.
Please note that the information that will be passed to XM Basecamp upon user login will be their email address, first and last name, and Qualtrics username.
Please note that if you have already enabled XM Basecamp for your license and choose to disable it, any users currently logged into XM Basecamp will remain logged into XM Basecamp for two weeks before being automatically logged out.