About Automatic Deduplication
XM Directory allows you to set up deduplication rules for your directory so that newly added contacts are automatically compared against existing contacts to see if there are any duplicates. If the contact already exists, a new contact will not be created with the same information as another. Instead, the existing directory contact will be updated with any new information you have added, such as new or updated embedded data values.
Setting Up Automatic Deduplication
- Navigate to Directory Settings.
- Select Consolidate your contacts.
- Choose one or more of the following contact attributes to begin deduplicating by:
- External data reference
- If desired, select one or more of the additional attributes to deduplicate by. These are optional.
- First name
- Last name
- When finished, click Save.