About Message Automation
With Employee Lifecycle projects, you can automate it so that any participants in your participant list who have not already been sent the Lifecycle survey invite will receive one. You can even specify what time of week these invites are distributed.
Setting Up Message Automation
- Navigate to the Messages tab in your project.
Qtip: Make sure you have Participant Invites selected in the Email Messages section.
- Click Setup Message Automation.
- Select the day of the week, time, and timezone for when survey invites are sent out to participants in your participant list.
- You can also choose to receive a confirmation email each time the Message automation runs. Select Send confirmation emails to and enter your email address. You can list multiple separated by commas.
- You have two options when closing out:
- Click Save Automation to save your criteria without enabling the automation.
- Select the Activate Automation checkbox, then click Save Automation to immediately activate your automation.
Managing Past Message Automations
Whenever you are in the Participant Invites of your Messages tab, you will see all past Message Automations listed along the top.
- Edit Automation: Edit the automation, changing the date and time.
- Delete Automation: Delete the automation permanently.
- Run Automation Now: Manually run the automation. This is useful for testing your automation conditions, or if you need an ad hoc distribution.
- Status: Change the status of the automation. If Active, it will run automatically on the dates and times selected. If Inactive, it will not run on the dates and times selected, unless you reactivate it.