About the Return to Work Pulse XM Solution
Qualtrics Return to Work Pulse is for HR and Operations teams who support employees in any industry or organizational size. This guided solution supports leaders who are determining when and how they can reopen based on data from their workforce.
This pulse helps organizations quickly understand and address the concerns and unique needs from all employees to create actionable plans for transitioning teams back into the workplace.
This solution comes with a pre-configured survey template.
Pre-built assessment questions cover the following Return to Work topics: Health and safety needs, company and manager communication requirements, and readiness to re-integrate.
This solution can be used for reopening planning as well as readying the organization, teams, and managers for a variety of situations including:
- Employees returning back into the workplace after an extended period of work from home.
- Employees returning to work from extended self-quarantine or personal health safety concerns.
- Employees who interface with the general public and/or direct customers and are returning onsite.
Use real-time employee sentiment data to make the best plans for your organization – and your employees – as you transition back to the workplace.
Creating a Return to Work Pulse
All existing Qualtrics users have access to the Return to Work Pulse XM Solution. Just follow the steps below to get started. If you are not an existing Qualtrics user and would like to get access to the Return to Work Pulse solution, please see this page to sign up for free!
- Navigate to the Projects page by clicking the XM logo or clicking Projects on the top-right.
- Click Create new project.
- Select CoreXM.
- Under COVID-19 XM Solutions, select Return to Work Pulse.
- Name your project.
- Click Get Started.
- You will land on the summary view. This is where the Solution will guide you through the major steps of the project, including survey creation, distribution, and reporting.
- Click Get Started.
- Provide your company name.
- List the geographic locations in which you operate. This can help you better understand how the work experience varies across different locations in your organization, and will appear as an option for your respondents to select.
Qtip: These can be as general or as specific as you want (i.e., specific stores vs. regions of the world).
- Enter you departments / teams. This can help you better understand how the work experience varies across different departments or teams in your organization, and will appear as an option for your respondents to select.
- When you’ve filled out these fields, click Finish to generate your survey.
- Click Preview Survey to test your survey.
Qtip: Did your survey Preview not appear? Make sure your browser doesn’t block pop-ups on Qualtrics.
- Click Continue to resume the guided setup.
- Use the tabs along the top if you’d like to edit components not included in the blue button steps. For example, you can go to the Survey tab to edit the survey theme and add demographic questions, whereas you can go to the Distributions tab to download a distribution history for emails you’ve sent.
Return to Work Pulse Survey Customization
If you want to see the questions in your survey or edit them, click the Survey tab or choose I’d like to edit my survey.
Once inside the Survey tab, you can add new questions, tweak the wording on existing ones, edit the survey theme, and much more.
If there’s particular functionality you’d like to add, try searching the Support Site, or use the Support Site’s menu to the left to pick a page. In this section, we’ll cover some of the fundamentals of survey editing.
Adding and Editing Questions
You can add as many additional questions as you want. However, keep in mind that the shorter the survey, the more likely recipients are to fill it out.
For guides to adding and editing questions, see:
Deleting and Restoring Questions
This solution comes with custom display logic. Display logic affects what questions respondents see, based on previous answers they provided. For example, if an employee indicates that they don’t understand what is expected in maintaining a healthy, safe environment at work, we can ask them to specify which instructions need clarification.
Saving and Publishing
All edits you make are saved automatically; however, they won’t necessarily be pushed to the live version of the survey. When you are finished with all of your edits and are ready to generate a link and share the survey with your recipients, remember to click Publish in the upper-right.
For more on how this works, see Survey Publishing & Versions.
Distributing the Return to Work Pulse XM Solution
When you are ready to distribute the Return to Work Pulse solution, it’s super quick and easy to do so:
- Make sure you have published any survey edits.
- If your changes are published or you don’t have changes to publish, head to the Distributions tab.
- Choose Get a single reusable link.
- You will see the Anonymous Link. This link does not collect any identifying information other than what you explicitly ask for in the survey. You can copy this link and distribute it through your company’s email.
Other Methods of Distribution
We recommend using the Anonymous Link method described above, because it’s the quickest and easiest distribution method.
If you are interested in other methods of distribution, such as emailing from Qualtrics, see the Distributions Basic Overview for a list of options. Please note that depending on your license, not all options may be available, and some may be restricted.
Qtip: If you distribute through email to a Qualtrics contact list, results will not be anonymous unless you change the link type while writing the email or chose to anonymize responses in the Survey tab. Respondents also will not be able to retake the survey multiple times unless you change the link type in the email.
Our XM Scientists have developed a special report for each version of this XM Solution. This report gives an overview of the results, and is ready to share as soon as you have collected data.
- Sharing the Report: You can share a PDF copy of this report with your colleagues, or even create a link where anyone can view the report! See Sharing Your Advanced-Report.
- Making New Reports: You can click File and then New to create a new report from scratch if needed. Use the report name dropdown to navigate between reports.
- Customizing Reports: See Advanced-Reports Basic Overview to get started customizing your reports.
Other Ways to View Data
While Advanced-Reports include an expert premade report, this report is limited to showing 250 comments for a given Text Entry question (those are the open feedback questions). To see a full set of responses, you’ll want to use one of the other reporting options described below.
Results-Reports give a quick overview of your data, and do not require you to work from scratch. They have different charts and graphs than Advanced-Reports, and are generally there to help you get quick assessments of data.
Weekly Response Notifications
Built into each of the free COVID-19 XM Solutions are weekly reports of how many responses your survey has received in the past week, and how many responses that makes for the survey in total. These notifications come every Monday morning.
Reports are sent as emails and as notifications in your account.
Once you receive the email or notification, there are two buttons.
- View responses: Clicking here will take you to the Data & Analysis tab of your project.
- View report: Clicking here will take you to the Reports section of the Reports tab of your project, where you should see the pre-built report first.
Unsubscribing from Weekly Notifications
If you no longer wish to receive weekly notifications, you can click unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.
Subscribing to Updates
Most users will be subscribed to these weekly notifications automatically. However, if you unsubscribed and find you want to start receiving them again, you can do the following:
- Go to your Qualtrics account.
- In the upper-right corner, click the notifications icon.
- Click the settings gear.
- Select Digests to subscribe to weekly notifications.
- You may need to select Notifications first if you at some time or another unsubscribed from all account notifications.
These expiry dates only apply to customers who sign up from the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” landing pages or via Qualtrics Surveys. Post expiration, these customers will need to export their data within 6 months or upgrade to a paid EX product.
- Return to Work Pulse: The ability to launch new projects expires 30 days after the first Return to Work Pulse project has been launched AND has received a response.
- Remote + Onsite Work Pulse, Remote Educator Pulse, & Healthcare Workforce Pulse: The ability to launch new projects expires 90 days after the first project has been launched.
- Existing Qualtrics customers have 500k free responses associated with each Return to Work Pulse (for the first 30 days), Remote + Onsite Work Pulse(for the first 30 days), Remote Educator Pulse, and Healthcare Workforce Pulse COVID-19 solution (each for the first 90 days). After the 30 / 90 day periods are reached, responses will be counted against the total number of purchases response for the license.
- New customers who sign up from the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” landing pages with a work email will get their own provisioned brand up to 500k responses total. This is only applicable to the Return to Work Pulse, Remote + Onsite Work Pulse, Remote Educator Pulse, and Healthcare Workforce Pulse solutions.
New customers who sign up from the “Here to Help” or “Return to Work” page with a personal email or indicate the account is for personal use will be provisioned a free account with up to 500 responses for each Return to Work Pulse, Remote + Onsite Work Pulse, Remote Educator Pulse, and Healthcare Workforce Pulse solution. This is also the case for new customers who sign up via Qualtrics Surveys.
Other Free COVID-19 XM Solutions
The following COVID-19 XM Solutions are free, and included in every account. Click the name of the Solution for more guided support:
- Remote + On-site Work Pulse
- Public Health: COVID-19 Pre-Screen & Routing
- COVID-19 Customer Confidence Pulse
- Higher Education: Remote Learning Pulse
- K-12 Education: Remote Learning Pulse
- COVID-19 Dynamic Call Center Script
- Healthcare Workforce Pulse
- Remote Educator Pulse
- Supply Continuity Pulse
- COVID-19 Brand Trust Pulse
- Digital Open Door
- Frontline Connect
- COVID-19 Customer Confidence Pulse 2.0
- Return to Work Pulse
If you are not an existing Qualtrics user and would like to get access to these solutions, please see this page to sign up for free!