About Data & Analysis
The Data & Analysis tab lets you preview, filter, classify, merge, clean, and statistically analyze your social review data.
Features Not Included
Data & Analysis is similar in Reputation Management projects to how it appears in Surveys. However, there are some features that aren’t included in this tab that are usually available. In many cases, it’s because similar functions can be performed in CX Dashboards.
- The ability to export data
Qtip: After you build your CX Dashboard and populate it with data, you can make the dashboard available for export.
- Text iQ
Qtip: You can still perform text analysis on reviews in a CX Dashboard!
- Stats iQ
Qtip: You can still use Stats iQ on social data in a CX Dashboard!
- Response Weighting
Qtip: You can still set up weighting on social data in a CX Dashboard!
- Responses in Progress
Available Data Fields
The following fields are included in your data. They can be mapped to dashboards, displayed as previewed columns on the Data & Analysis tab, and can be used to filter data.
- Survey Metadata: User Language
- Content (The review itself)
- Created Date
- Updated Date
- Review Text Link
- Reply state
- Page Url
- Subject Id
- Subject Name
- Location Name
- Source Name
- Source Review Id
- Source Review Rating
- Source Review Rating Numeric
- Source Page Id
- Aggregator Review Id
- Aggregator Created Date
- Data Type
- Collector Id
- Recorded Date
Let’s say you notice an uptick in negative reviews for one store location and you want to look at just those responses. You can accomplish this by filtering your data. To begin filtering, click Add Filter.
Filtering responses in an Online Reputation Management project is very similar to filtering responses in the Survey Platform. However, there are some small differences in the types of fields you can filter by. You can’t filter by a Contact field, Embedded Data, or a survey question since these responses weren’t collected using a Qualtrics survey. Similarly, for Survey Metadata, you will only see User Language as a selectable field.
Editing and Deleting Responses
Editing responses works very similarly in an Online Reputation Management project as it does in the Survey Platform. Any edits you make to responses will appear in dashboards you’ve mapped the data to.
It is not possible to delete individual responses from your data set. However, to delete your entire data set, go to the Extensions tab and delete your social data.
The Tools menu provides a variety of actions you can do to your data set. Many of these options work just as they do in the Survey Platform. Visit the linked pages to learn more about these options.
- Create New Field: This option allows you to create custom fields for analyzing your data.
- Delete Custom Field: This option allows you to delete your custom fields.
Qtip: You won’t be able to select this option until you’ve created at least one custom field.
- Supplemental Survey Data: This option is for a feature that is currently in preview.
- Translate Comments: This option allows you to translate your open text fields, making analyzing comments in multiple languages easier.
Attention: Text Translation is a feature of the Advanced Text iQ. Contact your Account Executive or Brand Administrator for information on how to access these features.Qtip: As you translate comments, you will need to add those translated fields to your dashboard data.
- Save Layouts: This option lets you save your layout of your data columns in the Data & Analysis tab.
- Choose Columns: This option lets you choose which columns are shown in the Data & Analysis tab.
- Select Page Size: This option determines how many responses are displayed on one page of your data set. You may choose 20, 50, or 100.