About Survey Tools
Survey Tools are features to help you create online surveys and give them advanced functionality. These features include options like Auto-Number Questions, Email Triggers, Quotas, Translations, and Scoring. You can access the Survey Tools by clicking on Tools in the Survey tab.
The following are the different Survey Tools available:
- Auto-Number Questions: Change the Question Numbers for all of your questions. You can auto-number sequentially, by block, or by the internal ID number.
- Reset Recode Values: This removes the recode values you edited from all choices in all questions, replacing the values with the default. (For example, the first choice is usually equal to 1.)
- Collaborate: Allows you to share your survey with another Qualtrics user so you can edit it and / or analyze the results together.
- Search And Replace: Quickly find specific words in a survey and replace them with another word.
- Strip Formatting: Remove all formatting from the selected questions. Use this option if questions in your survey have different fonts or styles that you want to remove.
Example: If I copy and paste an article from a website, I can use Strip Formatting to remove all the styling (bolds, italics, font sizes, etc.) from the pasted content. I can then format the content to match my survey.
- Spell Check: Use this option to run a spell check on your survey. This only works for English (US).
- Generate Test Responses: Generate automated dummy responses for your survey to see what the dataset and report will look like before sending the survey to actual participants.
- Check Survey Accessibility: Determine whether your survey is accessible for respondents who use screen readers, and receive suggestions for improving your survey’s accessibility.
- Analyze Survey: Open ExpertReview‘s suggestions for your survey.
- Turn off ExpertReview / Turn on ExpertReview: Enable or disable ExpertReview.
- Triggers: Every time a response is submitted, automatically send emails through the Email Trigger or add respondents to a contact list through the Contact List Trigger.
- Salesforce: Integrate survey information with your Salesforce database through the Response Mapping and Triggering Surveys features.
- Quotas: Create and monitor quotas on your surveys.
- Conjoint Analyses: Allows you to edit old self-explicated conjoint blocks, but will not allow you to add conjoint blocks to your Survey Flow. This feature is currently deprecated and is not recommended for use in your survey. Not related to choice-based conjoint projects.
- Manage Reusable Choices: Create a list of choices that you can reuse throughout the survey.
- Scoring: Assign point values to answer choices to use your survey as a test or quiz.
- Translate Survey: Translate your survey into multiple languages, allowing respondents to choose which language to view the survey in.
- Create New Version: Save a version of your survey in order to view and restore it later if needed. By default, Qualtrics will also periodically create versions for you that can be viewed and restored.
- View Version History: See past versions of your survey and, if desired, restore them so they become the current survey revision.
- Print Survey: Use this option to print or save a PDF version of your survey. This PDF file can also be exported to your computer or mobile device.
- Import Survey: Import a survey from a QSF, TXT, or DOC file.
Qtip: You can use the export and import options to transfer a copy of your survey file from one account to another without having to share the project.
- Export Survey: Export your survey as a QSF file to be imported into another account.
- Export Survey to Word: Export your survey as a DOCX Word document that contains the plain text of your survey questions and answer choices.
Qtip: The exportable Word document can also be used as a “data dictionary” or “codebook” for those who need to know which recode values are associated with each answer choice.
- Survey Tagging: If a Brand Administrator has created usage tags, you can tag your survey for internal tracking purposes. See this support page for more information about tagging surveys as a survey creator.